The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its whatever you want it to mean.............................

Feeling guilt about my Giant....................no, it's passed :LOL:

You can gloat about your Giant, but just you wait until the last 3k, when all the guys riding British Steel come blazing past you :twisted:

You will see those brave souls, thundering down that fast, rock strewn decent and ask yourself why you are going so slowly in comparison.

And the answer will be, because you have brakes that actually work, while the rest of us are riding 40lbs bikes and trying to stop them with canti brakes; a brake so ineffectual in its ability to do its job, the a well placed boot on the tyre will do a better and more reliable job.

Look in awe as the heavyweights come thundering past, just don't look at the riders faces, because what you will see will be raw fear :shock:

NeilM":333l9c3k said:
You can gloat about your Giant, but just you wait until the last 3k, when all the guys riding British Steel come blazing past you :twisted:

You will see those brave souls, thundering down that fast, rock strewn decent and ask yourself why you are going so slowly in comparison.

And the answer will be, because you have brakes that actually work, while the rest of us are riding 40lbs bikes and trying to stop them with canti brakes; a brake so ineffectual in its ability to do its job, the a well placed boot on the tyre will do a better and more reliable job.

Look in awe as the heavyweights come thundering past, just don't look at the riders faces, because what you will see will be raw fear :shock:

I have sincere admiration for your eloquence. As a complete novice I shall be making good use of my disc type inhibitors. Went round the verderers a couple of weeks ago with theredchilli and was thinking of changing my name from THM to thebrowntrouser.

I think you are probably the most sensible rider in the group, picking a modern lightweight bike with good brakes.

I have been round the Verderers on a couple of different bikes and enjoyed every minute, but the thought of those descents with canti brakes.........

All I can say is; we must be mad!

NeilM":35vqqqg3 said:
I think you are probably the most sensible rider in the group, picking a modern lightweight bike with good brakes.

I have been round the Verderers on a couple of different bikes and enjoyed every minute, but the thought of those descents with canti brakes.........

All I can say is; we must be mad!

Canti brakes, what a luxury, I have chrome calliper brakes on chrome rims, my brake pads have chrome holders. :facepalm: it it's even remotely wet I'll be thundering strait into the nearest tree.

Only a few days left so is everybody sorted? Thinking of a second bite of the cherry............... :facepalm: :mrgreen: :oops:

Popped into the garage to do a quick five minute job on Max and ended up stripping down the rear wheel and regreasing the bearings. Oh and readjusting the rear canti's again... again.... again.... it's like blinkin groundhog day :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back