The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
spike3":3gqmshs4 said:
NeilM":3gqmshs4 said:
spike3":3gqmshs4 said:
and I get 3 gears

That's two more than me at the moment :shock:

Ah but mine is an automatic with personality, you press the little lever and wait, and then when it feels like maybe 5 seconds or maybe 2 minutes later it will change for you. :LOL:

The History Man":3gqmshs4 said:
I do believe I have 24, but slightly missed the point methinks.

When it goes up hill, I have a bottom gear called running alongside.

Well, I feel a bit better now, as by my reckoning I actually have three gears: I have running alongside, I have pedalling and then when going downhill I have legs flailing wildly.

I do have gear changers on the bars, one has three numbers the other seven. The one with three numbers rotates freely back and forward, with no discernible effect on the front mech. The one with seven numbers appears to have been welded to the handlebars.

WD40 and hammer time later.

Wayhey! I now have a full compliment of 18 gears!

I replaced both gear cables, one new and the other 'pre-stretched', both from stock, and at the same time found a fabulous new game that will keep all the family entertained for YEARS.

What's the game Neil? I hear you cry. Well kids, it's fit the cable to the MK1 Grip Shift.

It's a good thing I'm a Zen practitioner, endowed with endless calm and patience, otherwise that f*cker would have been launched down the road :evil:

Anyway, gear cables fitted, brake blocks dressed (short hand for attacked with a big file) and canti's (Lord how I HATE canti's) adjusted to perfection. Chain cleaned (wrapped in dirty rag covered in white spirit) and lubricated, headset adjusted and I think we are ready for a test ride, which I suspect will be me riding down the hill I live on very fast and then pushing the Ogre Max(imum weight) back home again.

I'd take the scales into the garage and test the weight, but I'm afraid they will break under the strain, so I'll need to get it to the local weight bridge.

I'd take some photo's, but it has such high mass, it's formed a black hole which is absorbing all the light in my garage.

Brilliant, but we do need that weight figure, I'm jealous of your gear fixing there, I'm worried that my little shopper is going to be too slow for all you multi gear'd people.

spike3":2m47fcau said:
Brilliant, but we do need that weight figure, I'm jealous of your gear fixing there, I'm worried that my little shopper is going to be too slow for all you multi gear'd people.

You still have your activator? Unless its been snapped up. :facepalm:

The History Man":3hu6lk16 said:
spike3":3hu6lk16 said:

You still have your activator? Unless its been snapped up. :facepalm:

Still got the Bad Boy, he's shinning in the garage and causing the floor to tile towards himself right now. :LOL:

Well, the Ogre Max(imus weighticus) comes in a a featherweight 34.5lbs.

And here it is in all its Maximumness.

DSC_0516_zps6876146d.jpg

please don't be offended, but I can honestly say that is one of the least inspiring bikes I've ever seen, Alloy tubes, or just profiled steel? Looks to be in good condition though. how much change did you have from your budget?

Steel, just going for the fat toobed alloy look.

I think it's around 1995.

Beggars, choosers ect :facepalm:

EDIT: I had a fiver left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back