IS v PM mounting Aaargh

T'boo Ted":3mr81goe said:
I will admit I think the IS mount stuff I had were using post mount adapters, so found them easy to adjust, I suppose directly mounting to IS would be not as adjustable... assuming thats what I had, I found mounting those to frame and fork, easier and better than just using post mount... go figure.

Aye, You're not wrong!

trickylad":35ovkped said:
I've read This thread on STW and I think I might be able to use this one..

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P1043/product

Thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... er-problem

If I'm reading it correctly I can get the 160 version for my 183 rotor without buying a new one.

Might be worth a try before another £30 on rotors

Thoughts?

160mm Disc Calliper Adapter - no increase in rotor size - to mount a 160mm IS calliper on a post mount fork with a 160mm disc.

Will also fit a 180mm IS calliper to a post mount fork with a 180mm disc, or a 200mm IS calliper to a post mount fork with a 200mm disc. You do not have to go up a disc size

I have one of these exact adapters going spare if anyone wants it. £6 posted.

Beware it won't fit all fork and calliper combos, some have fatter post mounts than others - this adapter nestles in right next to the post.

I've used the KCNC one in the past, you can trim the spacer tubes down so you can run the 180mm disc with the caliper you have. Something you can't do with the Hope one. Also, it has the advantage of fitting Marzocchi forks where as the Hope one, again wont fit.

Not sure what B3 means here.

I originally had a 185mm hope c2 on Is mount fork.

I used the same disc and calliper on a post mount fork with the kcnc adapter.

I didn't need to trim or modify anything

It depends on which KCNC adaptor you have, but the one I had when assembled needed a 203mm disc. the kit consists of the red bracket, 2 black cylindrical spacers and two bolts. I turned the spacers down to allow a 180mm disc to be fitted.

I bought one of these KCNC adapters to see if it would work with my Louises; it wouldn't, and TBH I don't think I'd trust it.
Flimsy doesn't do it justice...

Back