London to Brighton Off Road Bike Ride

Marcus W

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone on here done this, we are thinking about it and would like to know what its like fun wise, difficulty, atmosphere etc.

Not done it before, but me and a few friends are booked in to take part this year. It will be fun I'm sure!

I rode this route yesterday. There was a bit of road at the start, Thames Path, and then once over the M25, there was a fair bit off road. For us, there was a lot of mud. And for a big part of the last 40Ks, you follow the Downs Link to Bamber before going over the South Downs to just before Hove.

It is a nice picturesque route and will do it again

Is this the BHF one, if so get to the start an hour before you thought you should. I did the London to Bath ride with them last year and whilst it was fairly good fun the organisation was poor. I arrived at 8:15 (last leaving was 8:30 first 7:30 and me and a mate were the last to leave. We got lost and then found they'd already started taking the route signs down by 9am so we ended up being chased by the guy removing the signs for the first 1/2 hour.

Having said that, I'm tempted to to do the London to Paris offroad ride with them this year, :shock: I must be mad.

The ending of the London to Bath was good.

Latest posts

Back