Urgent Ebay/Paypal issue

How much is it for...if its any more than a tenner then get the seller to sort out their side of things...dont risk what you can't afford to loose!

Doug

I had this a few weeks ago with a seller who had made a mistake with his email address (seemed an innocent error - xxx.come). You can cancel your payment within your PayPal account, so you shouldn't end up out of pocket. He said he had been in touch with eBay, but he hadn't been able to correct the address as far as that listing was concerned. So he re-listed the item and I bought it again on the new listing and this time the payment was accepted as per normal.

Well - against all your advice, and my own, I paid the money :roll:

I did however contact Paypal first to clarify whether I was covered and I must say they were most helpful, even sending me a confirmation email to say I'd be fully protected in the event of anything going wrong. Without that I'd probably not have paid up.

Goods arrived today :facepalm:

No time to post up photos yet, but I have taken several as the "packaging" was errr, basic. Some light scratching to one item (pair of "immaculate" car wings) due to being wrapped in brown paper and a wee bit of bubble wrap :facepalm:

Without doubt the worst packed item I have ever received. Will see if scratches can be removed, then consult with my new best friends at Paypal ;)

Of course you will have made sure to take pics of the poor packaging and scratches before you do anything remedial to them. I would raise an issue about that anyway and ask for a partial refund. You deserve to be compensated for the time you will take repairing them at least.

I once received a pair of lorry headlamps placed on top of each other, separated only by a thin piece of cardboard, no padding at all. Miraculously one was intact, just not the one of the two that I needed!

Still to post photos of the amusing packaging :roll:

However I can report that the seller gave a substantial refund :D .....also really impressed with the advice and backup I got from Paypal :D :D :D

All is not lost and there is hope for peace n happiness in the world, but remember folks, Life's a bitch then you die :xmas-cool:

Latest posts

Back