Vitus 979 / Mavic SSC 1980's

Found the spare axles. There's a 116 and a 113. I'm running a 113 on my own Mavic chainsets - both Starfish and 144BCD types so you'll be fine.

I also have a spare spare with a seized bearing race on one side...

So you should be sorted!

Give me your address and will send it off to you. Hopefully someone will take pity on me for the last of my Mavic triplets... (Look MI-80 with Dakar, Alan cross with Starfish SSC and the incomplete Brouwer Gilco with 80s SSC)

Just fitted the correct Mavic bottom bracket supplied very kindly by DBMTB :D :D , just had to salvage a bearing from the longer MTB Mavic BB that I had and it fits perfectly. The chain line is much better now with a 113mm axle. Also Kettlo sent me the photoshop artwork he did for me and I got the KAS labels printed onto white vinyl and mounted, the printer also covered them with a gloss protector so that I could use them...I did say it was for riding! I went out in the hills in the Peak District near Buxton last Tuesday and had an ace ride with my 42x21 up some 12% climbs! its so comfy and being smaller I didnt really notice the flex, the brakes are also much better than my 1970's campag super record ones on my Rossin. I'll be using it this weekend (weather permitting) on our club Paris Roubaix ride round Cheshire, that takes in some cobbled climbs and trails :D There really are some very kind people out there on this forum, I hope to return the favours soon where I can help out. I've attached a few final pictures.
Cheers Darren

Attachments

• Vitus Kelly KAS Transmission.jpg
    Vitus Kelly KAS Transmission.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,419
  • Vitus Kelly KAS Bottle and Bracket.jpg
    Vitus Kelly KAS Bottle and Bracket.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 2,419
  • Vitus Kelly KAS Full.jpg
    Vitus Kelly KAS Full.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2,419
I found those gloves. I have had them for 26 years, they look like I have been using them for 26 years. Well worn, with lots of memories. I always wore these for years and years in races, TT's, club runs. A hole in the right thumb but 100% original. PM me your details for postage.....

Attachments

• Kas Mits.jpg
    Kas Mits.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,908
Hmm, perhaps I'll look for some KAS stickers for mine which is the 'goldenish' Peugeot shade without any decals at all. Where did you get yours from? I've got a KAS jersey to go with it ;)

Fascinating build, and a superb finished result. I have a lovely, "France Loire", 979 from a slightly earlier time, and I'm now inspired to do it as a Kelly or Rooks SEM Campagnolo build.....

J

Old Ned":25l5k3xg said:
Hmm, perhaps I'll look for some KAS stickers for mine which is the 'goldenish' Peugeot shade without any decals at all. Where did you get yours from? I've got a KAS jersey to go with it ;)

I got mine from Graham Weigh at Deeside Cycles, they were about £19, there is also a chap that sells sets of good quality on eBay for about £25 that include some Vitus stickers too, they look to be of high quality. The mavic frame stickers were from another source that I haven't got with me right now , pm me if need details.

John J":2lx24q7m said:
Fascinating build, and a superb finished result. I have a lovely, "France Loire", 979 from a slightly earlier time, and I'm now inspired to do it as a Kelly or Rooks SEM Campagnolo build.....

J

That's how it starts....once the bug bites, I you do be sure to share with us here ;-)

Doubledee":12lc2rgi said:
Old Ned":12lc2rgi said:

I got mine from Graham Weigh at Deeside Cycles, they were about £19, there is also a chap that sells sets of good quality on eBay for about £25 that include some Vitus stickers too, they look to be of high quality. The mavic frame stickers were from another source that I haven't got with me right now , pm me if need details.

Ah right, I remember Graham used to sell frames with the KAS stickers fitted BITD. He must still have some knocking around. I might give him a call, thanks.

Latest posts

Back