Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade (now up for sale)

Re: Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade

Nice score!
I've seen this in the flesh and it's stunning :cool:

raymondluxuryyacht":2jh7g105 said:
Nice pics. Is that by the Itchen? On the way to Stockbridge?

Out in Knightwood, Chandlers Ford, not the Itchen though...

Can't believe Craig let it go, I remember from the thread how made up he was when he got it! :shock:

Great looking bike Doug, good score. :cool:

brocklanders023":ealp674q said:
Can't believe Craig let it go, I remember from the thread how made up he was when he got it! :shock:

Great looking bike Doug, good score. :cool:

Mate I too remember the thread, and the orignal ebay ad at the time and the superb bubble wrapping that came with it! I think Craig has bigger plans! And too many bikes!

:facepalm:

DSCN2243.jpg

Its unrecognisable :shock: and thankfully another retrobike has been saved from certain doom :D

It was a big decision to move on the Eldridge but I just got to the stage where I had too many bikes and not enough free time to ride them all. I knew Doug was after something Zolatone and thought I'd give him a heads up... so pleased its staying in the RB family.. and hope to see it again at MM13 (I'm sure Doug will let me have a quick go on it ;))

chiswickcollectables":2luincb6 said:
:facepalm:

Its unrecognisable :shock: and thankfully another retrobike has been saved from certain doom :D

It was a big decision to move on the Eldridge but I just got to the stage where I had too many bikes and not enough free time to ride them all. I knew Doug was after something Zolatone and thought I'd give him a heads up... so pleased its staying in the RB family.. and hope to see it again at MM13 (I'm sure Doug will let me have a quick go on it ;))

Love that pic...genius bubble wrapping! I recon with a paddle you could cross the channel with it like that! Yeah I think I'll bring it to Mayhem along with the Team and maybe the modern '08 Rift Zone! All are welcome to have a go as long as if you bust it you fix it! ;)

Think I am going to put the DX chainset, STI gear/brake levers and front mech from the Bear Valley on to the Eldridge. and I also have a HG70 cassette and M735 XT short cage rear mech that I think will add a bit of class to an already classy ride! So it looks like the remainder of the Bear Valley will have to be sold off as I can't justify having two bikes that are so similar :( That and I need to pay for the Eldridge as I'm moving house on Friday and there is money pouring out of my account at the mo! I will be keeping the semi slicks from the BV and maybe the saddle I don't know yet... once I have moved I'll have a better idea. I have an operation on my wrist on Tuesday next week that will put me out of the saddle for a month at least so it will give me a good chance to sort out what I want to keep and what can be passed on

Took the Eldridge out for a longer blast today and the dreaded creaks started in the BB so it looks like I will need to change that out...again I think I'll opt for a cartridge BB with the fit and forget mentality! I can't be doing with the maintenance required in the original one! :roll:

Anyone interested in anything from the Bear Valley (apart from the items I mentioned that I'll be keeping above) let me know before I put it out to the masses. It can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249198&p=1868420#p1868420

"I'm Marin til I die, I'm Marin til I die, I'm M-A-R...and I and N, I'm Marin til I die!" :LOL:

Doug

Latest posts

Back