The best 700c x 23mm Amber Wall Clincher Tyres?

My bike with Michelin Dynamic Classic 25-622. Conclusion: best value for money :!:

Attachments

• 296877_4112014631481_870367790_n.jpg
    296877_4112014631481_870367790_n.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,398
Challenge Forte's are like £60 each! i can get 18" car tyres for less than that!

i thought i was daft for paying over £20 each for michelin pro race lol

Another vote for veloflex here, price in wiggle at the mo is OK(ish) > http://www.wiggle.co.uk/road-race-tyres/?ea=4294789473

Not cheap but they look spot on imho

main.php

Thanks Shaun, they look spot on imho. Think mine are pave, not sure how they compare to masters. Good tyres, used to ride them on my main bike but they aren't super durable....

John":3u24dbg2 said:
Thanks Shaun, they look spot on imho. Think mine are pave, not sure how they compare to masters. Good tyres, used to ride them on my main bike but they aren't super durable....

Pave got renamed master, you can't buy pave anymore unless they are old stock.

Corsa is the same as master but with black rather than amber sidewalls.

Must admit I'm going off amber sidewalls as they just get grubby.

I rode lejog on masters without a single puncture whilst those on gator skins were flat ting all the time.

Veloflex Masters & Record open tubulars are a fantastic ride combined with latex tubes biggest draw back and bug bare is that they are a real swine to fit to the rim, not to be used daily as they are racing tyres. £30 each.

Challenge Forte 23mm open tubulars, ride lovely, feel a bit soft even at 120psi, ride like tubs with latex inner tubes fitted, fitted to rim easily, very hard wearing, side-walls stayed sticky for several weeks. £23 each.

Vredestein Ricorso 23mm handmade cotton tyres rare to find but can still be found!! good hard wearing training tyre that looks bob on to a Tub' £10 each.

Always like different tyres on my bikes so they all ride different and breaks the mould.

Veloflex Record open tubular.
motobecane002.jpg

Challange Forte open tubulars.
gios1002-1.jpg

Vredestein Ricorso
pavo004.jpg

Latest posts

Back