Which is an example of a Top of the Range MTB Stem?

not sure which of newsboys in the pic are MTB. Road stems have a different clamp size for the bar, so there looks to be a couple of MTB jobbies there. The fella has an incredible collection of Ti goodies so he's sure to have something suitable, might be worth giving him a PM..

It's for sale if you're interested.

s34.jpg

ibbz":1tey7a61 said:
ferrus":1tey7a61 said:
lovely, but they ain't cheap; generally £90 - £110ish and they're a bit flexy (but better than most Ti stems) :)

:) I suppose it's a case of getting what is paid for.

It'll be an Ahead stem first, 120mm polished, straight onto my RSP...mmmmmmmmmm
Which isn't a lot in the scheme of things when you consider the polished syncros cattlehead in 1995 retailed at £108. (black was a bit cheaper

Favourite stem I have is the fillet-brazed one Dave Yates made for my Diablo as nobody was making 1" aheadstems when I needed one. Otherwise the Pace stem is very nice.

Syncros and Answer, while fine (and I've had both) were IMHO chunky-looking for skinny-tubed steel frames so I preferred Control Tech.

I'm a fan of Controltech stems, but equally Pace, X-Lite amongst others make/made some really nice quality stems.

Some stems look better on certain bikes, and at the top end of stems there's really not much in it performance-wise (ie weight) to differentiate between them all, so really it comes down to which stem you like the look of, which suits your bike etc.

Latest posts

Back