Brodie - Dodgy Listing - Stolen?

sinnerman":17tkx2ce said:
Its cooler than anything I have... :cool:

:LOL: yeah your collection is rubbish now you sold your YETI!

sinnerman":17tkx2ce said:
On UK soil its as rare and desirable as an original Orange Formula, and yours cost a lot more im sure, and this barely needs anything doing in comparison.....,

I really don't follow your thinking on this one.

Just a gut feel nothing more in response to a question early on in the thread.

The frame/fork is un-doubtably very cool/rare especially on this site of the pond - your point on shipping/tax is very valid.

The rest is a pretty non-descript mix of used XT/DX/LX/BSO parts, it looks like its missing stuff like the original stem/seatpost/saddle which will be a real pain to find.

If it was mint with all the original stuff then £1500, as it is a fair bit less, will be interesting to watch - I'll probably be proved wrong :LOL: or it might get re-listed or end early or.....? Either way whoever gets it will have a very cool bike - hope to see it on here.

Not added up the Formula - probably best not :roll: don't think it was over £1500 though all in - the dodgy stickers will de-value it though :LOL:

I really like the paint job on the Brodie, love this era, £1000 BIN and it would be in my garage!!

It has Thornhill stickers on it, from steve thornhill cycles, selly oak, birmingham....

Brodie was the frame Kona never grew up to be.....

:xmas-cool:

nevadasmith":1oynx4md said:
sinnerman":1oynx4md said:

:LOL: yeah your collection is rubbish now you sold your YETI!

sinnerman":1oynx4md said:
On UK soil its as rare and desirable as an original Orange Formula, and yours cost a lot more im sure, and this barely needs anything doing in comparison.....,

I really don't follow your thinking on this one.

Just a gut feel nothing more in response to a question early on in the thread.

The frame/fork is un-doubtably very cool/rare especially on this site of the pond - your point on shipping/tax is very valid.

The rest is a pretty non-descript mix of used XT/DX/LX/BSO parts, it looks like its missing stuff like the original stem/seatpost/saddle which will be a real pain to find.

If it was mint with all the original stuff then £1500, as it is a fair bit less, will be interesting to watch - I'll probably be proved wrong :LOL: or it might get re-listed or end early or.....? Either way whoever gets it will have a very cool bike - hope to see it on here.

Not added up the Formula - probably best not :roll: don't think it was over £1500 though all in - the dodgy stickers will de-value it though :LOL:

I really like the paint job on the Brodie, love this era, £1000 BIN and it wou proved an earlier poinld be in my garage!!

Correction--YETI'S..... :LOL: If you had said "Dogs Bollox" that would have been funny, but then your comment proved my earlier point Adrian......PMSL.

The only thing you will struggle to find will be the original tyres. The stem saddle and post are out there. The rest is just maintenance
And then you would have a mint handbuilt period correct top of the range "Paul Brodie".

And you want change from £1500.... :facepalm:

Im sure we would all love it for a grand, but it seems the seller actually Knows what he has..., and may even be a member or friend off.

:cool:

Spanky22b":gpx6ixdc said:
Got the tyres, had them hidden away for a rainy day.

looks like it'll make a great addition to your collection!!

Does anyone on here have the Kona Ti from the same year?

nevadasmith":3j7x5j46 said:
Spanky22b":3j7x5j46 said:

...based on a previous post.... Surely you mean a Merlin badged as a Kona, with a basic mundane spec..... ;)

Spanky22b":304531r7 said:

:shock: You have a maximum and reaction tyre in good condition........ :shock: Lucky Bugger... :cool:

When i was given the Explosive to race, i took them off, whilst i was given all the usual marketing BS, ref the wider front tyre and the type of fork being used, i junked them in favour of Specialized GC.

What i would give for that Delorean right Now... :facepalm:

nevadasmith":3oyva3eh said:
Spanky22b":3oyva3eh said:

It would look good but i'd love a 1991 or 1992 Kona Hei Hei more.

I was wondering about the original merlin Ti in the catalogue,if one of those Brodies is that much how much would you have to pay for the merlin Ti?

sinnerman":2p4194t4 said:
Spanky22b":2p4194t4 said:

:shock: You have a maximum and reaction tyre in good condition........ :shock: Lucky Bugger... :cool:

When i was given the Explosive to race, i took them off, whilst i was given all the usual marketing BS, ref the wider front tyre and the type of fork being used, i junked them in favour of Specialized GC.

What i would give for that Delorean right Now... :facepalm:

I wouldn't say they were in good condition :),more ones good the others not got much tread left. Couldn't bring myself to throw them away so put them in the shed.

sinnerman":39r8z7gt said:
nevadasmith":39r8z7gt said:
That's nice. but not £1500 nice. Must have phoned BBC bikes for a valuation :LOL:

:facepalm: I challenge you to find another fillet brazed example, with the matching fork, in its original suit of clothes.

And here in the uk too.... :shock: no customs charges, and near complete. The starting bids where it is at, max value in that condition IMHO.

On UK soil that's a very very rare bike.., And thats why the masses don't value it, a sheep will always follow the flock. Fat anyone...........LOL.

hi all
sinnerman, you sell yourself short here i believe. you have awesome builds.
and you have hit the nail on the head here. you guys are extremely lucky
to have this one so close to home. if it was for sale in my neck of the woods
i'd pay $2000+ for it. better watch out. i might just scoop it out from under your noses.
we here in vancouver appreciate these bikes. starting bid is where it's at. worth every penny
in my books. mmmm fillet brazed loveliness is right. custom paint with matched gatorblade.
doesn't get much better than this. if you can only have one brodie this would be it. has it all.
just my two cents worth.

here's the seller's original thread on here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=250375&hilit=romax
roy

Back