Which is an example of a Top of the Range MTB Stem?

mtbdave":t2nzq4m7 said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=203431&start=15

A ringle and a cook bros here.
Just scroll down a bit
Is that a cook bros?
It is absolutely stunning! Work of art!!

all of the above are high end nice stems so I guess it comes down to personal preference.

Syncros are always tops on my list for stems and seatposts.

But the high polish and smoothed down welds of the Ibis, along with the price tag, makes it the most desirable in my eyes.

Oh and a FTW stem is certainly on the top of my list as well, and a Salsa roller, etc.....

Mr.Toad":3u4witvd said:
all of the above are high end nice stems so I guess it comes down to personal preference.

Syncros are always tops on my list for stems and seatposts.

But the high polish and smoothed down welds of the Ibis, along with the price tag, makes it the most desirable in my eyes.

Oh and a FTW stem is certainly on the top of my list as well, and a Salsa roller, etc.....

I think my two Syncros stems are going to be replaced by two Ibis stems - a quill and an ahead...
And I've yet to see one in the flesh

lovely, but they ain't cheap; generally £90 - £110ish and they're a bit flexy (but better than most Ti stems) :)

My_Teenage_Self":1yr7881a said:
438424d1236573627-1993-manitou-fs-man3.jpg
That photo looks familiar... Did you take it from DC?

ferrus":1ylg8e42 said:
lovely, but they ain't cheap; generally £90 - £110ish and they're a bit flexy (but better than most Ti stems) :)

:) I suppose it's a case of getting what is paid for.

It'll be an Ahead stem first, 120mm polished, straight onto my RSP...mmmmmmmmmm

ferrus":t3ckuitt said:
you might have to pay a bit more for a polished one, I think they were quite a lot dearer new. But yeah, pure class!

here's a few (mainly road) to ogle: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=115835&start=0

Ahh!

had a good look!
Gorgeous, and very expensive...BUT, in a month or two, I will have one! :)

Now, what's difference between a MTB and Road stem? to my knowledge, the shorter ones with no rise to some rise (rather than dropped) are MTB - 1, 5, 9 and 10 ??

Are the shorter ones 120mm??

Back