Retrobike National Series Rd 2: Long Mynd~ 28/04/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna try to be there... ;)

Just pondering whether to drive up the day before and stay in the YH or do the 4 hour drive on the day!!!!!!!!!!

misteroo":3sr3caw7 said:
I'm gonna try to be there... ;)

Just pondering whether to drive up the day before and stay in the YH or do the 4 hour drive on the day!!!!!!!!!!

It's in a really lovely spot if you do decide to make the trip early :cool: ideal for a Saturday ride too

I will be there sporting (for a second year) a spectacularly non retro bike ....

8 gears were not enough last year :facepalm:

LUNCH MENU

Two weeks to go.
Here's the pub menu: http://www.thebridgespub.co.uk/files/20 ... -Menu5.pdf
There is also a beef dinner at £12.95. I think Jonnyboy666 was the only one man-enough in the middle of a ride to take this option last year.
Prices seem to have gone up, but then there is no car-park to pay for so even better value.
Helpings tend to be on the generous size so side orders are generally not required.

The same format as last year, pm me your orders before 8.00pm on Wednesday April 24th.

Rob.

Just completed a recce of the route. No snow, extremely varied terrain but generally firm and grippy. Hilly.
If you are coming through Church Stretton and up and over The Mynd then watch out for potholes.

Please pm your lunch requests to me by Wednesday evening.

See you on Sunday.

whats the best way over from m54/a5 church stretton way in?.........looks like from robs post its up and over the mynd.....

The most straight forward way is up and over. Single track road, steep with great views and the occasional pothole.
Once you've climbed up you take a righthand fork signposted Ratlinghope. Keep on this road down the West side of The Mynd to a T junction. Turn left and then after about 500metres the road turns sharp right. Follow down into the valley bottom and just after the Youth
Hostel there is a road junction with pub down to the left and carpark straight ahead.
Probably 10 minutes drive from Stretton to Bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back