Brodie - Dodgy Listing - Stolen?

Spanky22b":2gyx30bo said:
The more and more i look at the bike,I can't help but think its £500 over for what it's worth as it stands now,£2,100 it better have every single working part brand new,whether that be factory parts or nos and the frame and forks would have to be spotless. Brodies are good but i don't think many people will pay £2100 for one.

Agreed.

It is Cool as F++K though.... :cool:

Spanky22b":1zce1eto said:
The more and more i look at the bike,I can't help but think its £500 over for what it's worth as it stands now,£2,100 it better have every single working part brand new,whether that be factory parts or nos and the frame and forks would have to be spotless. Brodies are good but i don't think many people will pay £2100 for one.

That is the subtle difference between a mountain bike and a collectors piece, which is why I don't think it will stay in the UK.

For £2,100 I could pretty much have a brand new frame and forks made by Roberts, Yates, Rourke, Brodie, DeKerf, 'insert favourite master craftsman', but none of them would be collectable (yet).

NeilM":39rkzwvb said:
Spanky22b":39rkzwvb said:

That is the subtle difference between a mountain bike and a collectors piece, which is why I don't think it will stay in the UK.

For £2,100 I could pretty much have a brand new frame and forks made by Roberts, Yates, Rourke, Brodie, DeKerf, 'insert favourite master craftsman', but none of them would be collectable (yet).

The Ride of a period correct TBG Explosif is exceptional, and lets face it, the Explosif is nothing more than a Far East Knock off (ok a bit strong perhaps, a far east variant to hit a price point, creating a range of bikes), of this beautiful Handbuilt Fillet Brazed Canadian beauty.

For me if this was refinished it might well only get light use, as an original, i couldnt help but use it. Its FAR TOO GOOD not too.

Ideally its a grand, but given how rare it is, i still think £1500 max.

NeilM":l1y3r2vc said:
What something is worth and what someone is willing to pay are often two different things, as is so often found in the world of collecting.

My guess is that it will end up in Europe somewhere.
I suspect Daniel's Lederhosen are now a tad crispy... ;)

Agreed.

It is Cool as F++K though.... :cool:[/quote]

Totally agree mate,I'd love it in my collection (if only it was a bit cheaper) :)

l.jpg

nah its more like this....

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 182
Some interesting, valid points. I'd not considered the shipping and tax costs that us Europeans would be faced with if this was coming from out west. This is the first Brodie of this era I've seen for sale on ebay since this bug bit back in 2008/9. Just take a look at Roy's magnificent green and white Brodie...these are proper cool machines. So who's got the cash and the balls to step up I wonder...

Back