British Steel

NeilM":3p86tx3h said:
They are both stunners Carl, with my preference towards the early 90's model.

There is a definite British style from that period that is really starting to grow on me.

Im Happy with that..... :cool:

I'll add a group shot of my 3:

Left to right we have the '87 Saracen Kili Flyer (Full Deore 1 setup and handbuilt lugless brazed Reynolds 531 frame and forks) only short of it's new decals, been in the family since about 1989.
Next we have my '92 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum (XT/XTR/Maguras and handbuilt lugged Reynolds 653 Magnum frame) owned by me since new.
Next we have my '89 Raleigh 531 Lightweight Team Rep (Suntour XC Comp and Handbuilt lugged 531 frame) recent addition but I have wanted one since '89.

Carl.

That looks in lovely nick Nick (sorry) I couldn't resist.The colour is lovely.

Twitchy............their the best :LOL:

Dazabike":2z1yag9g said:
Nice Yates :cool:
very nice bike. is it full Columbus max OR and it looks like its go the full customer fork option rather than the project 2 option. mm very nice indeed.

biglev":1yqepai1 said:
Dazabike":1yqepai1 said:
Nice Yates :cool:
very nice bike. is it full Columbus max OR and it looks like its go the full customer fork option rather than the project 2 option. mm very nice indeed.

I'm not 100%, i think so - there are more pictures on my build thread - link above.

the forks are not P2s so I would assume you are correct.

I'm just pleased to have got it built, at least now its not quite so vunerable, getting knocked and chipped in the general garage mess

New, old British steel. 1988 Swallow Ptarmigan.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=260085&p=1946647#p1946647

9025628624_9fa08ebed4.jpg

I thought it was well past due that I add my Cats Wiskas to this thread...
I need to take some better photos and update the build thread as I lost all my pics when Apple removed mobileme web galleries :?

Attachments

• photo 5..JPG
    photo 5..JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 353
Back