1993 Cannondale Delta V 2000

wrecker74

Dirt Disciple
Just wanted to share a new purchase, bought a couple of weekends ago in Stockholm area. The bike is in good condition overall with a few marks on the frame and forks. The Delta V fork seems to hold air and compress/rebound well. Rear shock feels like a pogo stick - it seems the spring is compressed right down and hence needs a lot of force to compress it - hence it rebounds like a cannon and needs to be looked at!

I also got an orange spring and another black spring in the sale (presume for differing weights of rider - not sure which spring is for a certain weight, so will have to try them out).

Componentry wise its quite original. Ritchey cranks, XT front/rear mech, CODA bars and also has the light blue anno CODA brakeset with force 40 straddle. It came with a grip shift and some poor quality (heavy!) wheels. I've changed the wheels already.

Will change the shifters soon - any ideas which were on the original? In the cannondale catalogue it says "xt top mount competition shifters". I presume this is cannondale speak for thumb shifters. If so, which model?

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_2871.JPG
    IMG_2871.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 719
Yes, that's a very nice bike to look at and a strange bike to ride. Perfect for the downhill. Pogostick for the flat or uphill...

Regarding the shifters: I think you should use the Shimano XT thumbies (SL-M732).

Enjoy this bike :D

Cheers,
Will

Thanks for the +ve responses. The pogostick effect will be investigated, as i'm sure its inherent in the design (and age) of the bike but think its suffering from being too "dialled". Anyway will play with the rear shock settings and springs at some point.

I_am_Will":2fokbps0 said:
Yes, that's a very nice bike to look at and a strange bike to ride. Perfect for the downhill. Pogostick for the flat or uphill...

Regarding the shifters: I think you should use the Shimano XT thumbies (SL-M732).

Enjoy this bike :D

Cheers,
Will

A pogostick is not perfect for downhill, trust me! It's about as far from perfect as you could ever get!

Latest posts

Back