Brodie - Dodgy Listing - Stolen?

Custom paint was offered I believe. Most of the value is in the frame and forks IMHO as all the components are still fairly easily obtained.
The measurements I was given are:
Seat tube c-c 16.4"
Seat tube c-t 19.2"
Top tube c-c 23"

But according to the most evangelical members on here, everything's worth 4 figures on brand alone :mrgreen:

raidan73":1yqr173v said:
Custom paint was offered I believe. Most of the value is in the frame and forks IMHO as all the components are still fairly easily obtained.

Agree with that - £300 tops in the parts which makes the frame £1200. That is serious money. 3x more than a DOGS, GT Cylone, P21, etc etc - you'd have to really want one.

I'd love it but think its worth nearer £700 or £800.

£2100 BIN is laughable.

I love the first joe murry/Brodie bikes but for that money the bike would have to be brand new,which its clearly not. I understand there rare nowadays but the only way i'd spend that money would be if it was showroom spec,ie the bike has never turned a wheel.

nevadasmith":245ba1ei said:
That's nice. but not £1500 nice. Must have phoned BBC bikes for a valuation :LOL:

:facepalm: I challenge you to find another fillet brazed example, with the matching fork, in its original suit of clothes.

And here in the uk too.... :shock: no customs charges, and near complete. The starting bids where it is at, max value in that condition IMHO.

On UK soil that's a very very rare bike.., And thats why the masses don't value it, a sheep will always follow the flock. Fat anyone...........LOL.

Its cooler than anything I have... :cool:

nevadasmith":2r4wavs0 said:
raidan73":2r4wavs0 said:

Agree with that - £300 tops in the parts which makes the frame £1200. That is serious money. 3x more than a DOGS, GT Cylone, P21, etc etc - you'd have to really want one.

I'd love it but think its worth nearer £700 or £800.

£2100 BIN is laughable.

On UK soil its as rare and desirable as an original Orange Formula, and yours cost a lot more im sure, and this barely needs anything doing in comparison.....,

I really don't follow your thinking on this one.

lrh":1p9492xp said:
But according to the most evangelical members on here, everything's worth 4 figures on brand alone :mrgreen:

:roll: :roll: Who Let Rodney at the keyboard again.... :roll: :roll:

What something is worth and what someone is willing to pay are often two different things, as is so often found in the world of collecting.

My guess is that it will end up in Europe somewhere.

NeilM":8nm57aw6 said:
What something is worth and what someone is willing to pay are often two different things, as is so often found in the world of collecting.

My guess is that it will end up in Europe somewhere.

Sad but true...

The more and more i look at the bike,I can't help but think its £500 over for what it's worth as it stands now,£2,100 it better have every single working part brand new,whether that be factory parts or nos and the frame and forks would have to be spotless. Brodies are good but i don't think many people will pay £2100 for one.

Back