Kaya's Kildale Cake Run 21st April Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This is the fourth year of the Kildale cake run and its the simplest ride for me to organise, as its my back yard.
The route is different every year as trail conditions and weather dictate which way we go to the cake shop,
this year was dry and dusty but a little overcast.

I'll let the pics tell the tail....

The motley crew

Uphill struggle

Time to chat

Lovely view

Downhill demons

Happy smiling faces

Mr New Old Stock

Everyone loves coffee & cake

Mr Happy

Stunning vistas

Kings of singletrack

Stay focused

Rosebery topping

Like a speeding train

Thanks to all who made it a grand day out...

Heres a link to the rest of my album :- http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... %20run%204

Hope to see you'll at next months ride (Saturday 11th May Harewood House )

Cheers Vern and chaps for another cracking and dry ride with amazing views this year , took a couple of pics and will try and get them up tomorrow, we collected Andy from the cafe Ok and he wasn't drunk , just awash with coffee and lust !
Matthew

Lovely cake vern. thanks for the ride too ;) probably the best route i've been on round those parts, really enjoyable single-track.

Me and stu had a easy drive up from our end with quiet roads just the odd mercaudibmwporschetosser that wants to get round everything, even at 140mph.

The DBR axis was a good performer today with no mechanicals but, a front puncture only discovered back home. A bloody drawing pin of all things to flatten my tube! where did that come from? :LOL:

Bad news for the fellow on the karate monkey monkey that had a freehub body simply die, putting his journey to a short and abrupt end at the tea shop. poor guy, a failure that is near impossible to recover from.

thanks to everyone for attending, 10 bodies in total and it was all good fun and banter all the way. All the 15 miles of it. Any warmer and it may have been uncomfortable, just goes to show that we are near-acclimatised to the terrible winter that is(hopefully) behind us. :)

some pics.

The lads on the moors.

He will never catch me!!

other pics...

botch of the year. plastic ties just couldn't hold the pressure. worth a try though.

I liked the scenery here, right.

very tidy bike, daz's proflex.

Totally random grouse shot, can you see it's head peeping out?

golden retriever enjoying a spot of bog snorkelling.

see you again riders!

thanks vern for the route and the cake ;cracking day out
and will get back there soon :D nice to see everyone and we even got the sun at times.
see you all son off to fix the bike

Some good pics there Marc :cool:

Pics and a link to my album in first post...

Feel free to copy any you like ;)

Fantastic day out, loved every minute of it, I think I may of cursed Andy's Karate Monkey by talking about a dodgy free hub body on my Diamond Back and then having a go on His bike :oops: Uncle Jack I hope your knee is OK, it was good to see Steve at the Monument, loved the single track, and in particular beating the guy on his full susser who had tried to barge his way past us :twisted: :twisted:
Myself and Marc had a steady drive back with no traffic issues, looking forward to the next ride as always.

Thanks Vern, a really great day out, a real tonic to body and soul. Great cake shop and company.
Will tell Andy to bring more spares next time :roll:

Cheers Nick

Back