Proflex - Back in black

alpinestar222

Devout Dirtbag
Hi
Latest proflex 656 build, still a few things left to do but it's for riding not just to look at, so I'll be trying it out over the weekend :p
All feels as good as new and definitely has the Retro feel :cool:
Those Vectors had one thick coat of Grey hammerite over a coat of yellow :shock: Took some elbow grease to remove but it worth it.
Love the Thumbies (always did bitd) and I am amazed at the power out of the cantis!! such a light lever but great stopping..Fiddly as hell to set up but working good now.

Attachments

• DSC06385.JPG
    DSC06385.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 5,668
  • DSC06382.JPG
    DSC06382.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 5,668
  • DSC06383.JPG
    DSC06383.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 5,667
  • DSC06384.JPG
    DSC06384.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 5,667
Thanks
Elastomers were Already fitted, rear look like Rapid Descent Scotland supplied and the front ones are industrial bump stops (see Address below) Both work very well. Surprisingly effective :p
Kept the main frame original paintwork, it's a bit scratched here and there but It adds a bit of character :cool: I have some Silver flat bars on the way so I will try both and decide which feels the better. An upright Silver post and Flite will look tidy too I think.

7 Union Buildings – Wallingford Road – Uxbridge – UB8 2FR –
England
Tel: (+44) 01895 460033 – Fax: (+44) 01895 520095
www.powerflex.co.uksales@powerflex.co.uk

Simply stunning, loads of work to get it looking that lush- well done :cool:

Agree a silver post and a flite will look the business, I ran a red flite and thought that was a good match, glad you are getting out too, loved that bike over the runway at Carron Valley.

Really Nice.

I am amazed you found those yellow bump stops. The price is right too. The black rear ones look like the black tube polyurethane that I used on my flextem and rear. I found the tube at McMaster.com.

Nice job,
Terry

clockworkgazz":2mjf76sh said:
Simply stunning, loads of work to get it looking that lush- well done :cool:

Agree a silver post and a flite will look the business, I ran a red flite and thought that was a good match, glad you are getting out too, loved that bike over the runway at Carron Valley.

Cheers :)
I had a ride to test for an hour this morning to make sure all felt right and plan to take to Delamere Forest early in the morning for a bit of singletrack. It Rides like a hardtail with a bit of rear flex on the corners which reminded me of my old Patriot a little. feels much shorter than it looks too. It's a chucker so I think I'll run flat pedals for now for some leg out action :LOL:

shovelon":33jb2r2t said:
Really Nice.

I am amazed you found those yellow bump stops. The price is right too. The black rear ones look like the black tube polyurethane that I used on my flextem and rear. I found the tube at McMaster.com.

Nice job,
Terry

Thanks,
Wow! you have a fair few Proflexes there! :)
The bump stops were already on the bike, but the catalogue was listed on a CD that came with the bike containing a manual and some Vector workshop instructions (very handy ;) ). I'm sure I'll get a few looks as I thrash it up and downhill in the morning, can't wait. :p

Canti's

Canti's always were way better than V's with way more modulation and feel, just as powerful too, but setting them up was always tricky without the right skills, so V's caught on.

Is the Rapid Descent site still going? I need some rear suspension elastomers for my proflex 455. I'm wondering how hard its going to be to get some. The ones which are on at the moment have gone really hard so its like riding a hard tail. Also are they fairly straight forward to put on?

Attachments

• proflex 455.JPG
    proflex 455.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 5,261
Back