rBoTM April 2013 - Nominations Please

TGR":1w5tque7 said:
LOL Photoshop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might photoshop a full DA gruppo shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Thanks for the tips but i can not even cope with a basic digital camera nevermind photoshop. Just wait til i tell my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOOOLOLOL

Your pics are really good, photoshop or not, and the bike is great, i am avoiding asking people for votes to keep it fair, but there is a dark horse if you look below yours!!!!! And his background makes me jealous!!! I need to get my grass cut soon or my next pics will have a jungle feel.

Good luck in rBOTM,

Richard

Got to use a bit of Photoshop to create the final image as I shot the pics in RAW format (no compression, massive file size - approx 14MB each) and of course a little bit of trickery to remove the tool used as a prop.

We'll see how the voting pans out, shame there aren't more entrants this month...

Get that grass cut, I find it very frustrating that the grass on my lawn needs cutting weekly whereas the grass I want to cut for hay (for the better half's horses) is doing nothing at the moment....grrrrrrrrr!

M

torqueless":3oe3s77k said:
You pulled out all the stops, Penfold, but you don't stand a chance in 'Patio of The Month'.... :)

Funny you should say that as I pressure washed the patio yesterday and filled all the gaps between the slabs with mortar today...must have been some subliminal messaging going on with the piccies on this thread that made me get my arse in gear to do it!

M

No power hose - use hypochlorite - hassle free and with regular treatment it is always clean. You need a watering can and away you go, and no probs with gaps etc.

I am not worried about more entrants - unless they are called Steven (lewisfoto) and he goes into his amazing garage!!! Check out the Cinelli in Readers Bikes.

Richard

Tel":2l8f5o27 said:
Well only two pictures should be entered (hatarmar your thread has had some pictures removed) however rule 16 states:

"Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted)."

Rule 7 also states that the bike should be complete. I never knew you could ride a bike without pedals. ;) ;)

It is really great to see that people are finally taking the request for a separate thread relating to your bike to heart. It is great to see all the details about the various bikes.

Not to offend anyone, but there are some dead-horizontal pairs of drops in evidence this month- as depressingly horizontal as the water in my (half-empty) glass.. Well, it's your bike and your hands, but IMO these bikes can look like they are burying their noses. I prefer agentorange's Colnago in this respect- the drops are horizontal, but in the way a human hand feels it, rather than the way a spirit-level measures it.. That gives a bike a sort of lift, I reckon..

......Thus concluding my entry for 'Hypercritical nit-picker of the month'.... back to you..

Hi Mr Torque,

Please note the last post on this page -
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=251151

The issue was addressed. I have a sneaking suspicion that brake lever position contributes to bar position on occasion, raising the bar a bit brings the levers nearer without re-taping the bars after moving the levers. Only a thought ..

back to you,

Richard

Back