Claud Butler Cape Wrath

Cloud_Tiger

Retro Newbie
Hi all ! First post and I'm after some information if poss.

I have in my possession a Cape Wrath and I would like to know the year of manufacture if possible.

It was purchased in 1999 as I have the original bill of sale ( and all the manuals etc ) but I guess it could have been in a shop etc for a couple of years hence my posting in this forum. Sorry if its the wrong one !

It's a bit of a timewarp bike. I bought it and rode it once. It was then sprayed with WD40 and hung on a rack in the gararge. Some months later it was hidden behind a large cupboard and thats where it stayed for the next 13 years !!

The furniture was moved a few weeks ago and I was amazed to find this forgotten bike ! The tyres were knackered but I've but on some new rubber and cleaned the WD40 off.

It's as new. You would be seriously hard pushed to know it's not come from a bike shop that morning.

I'm undecided whether to keep it or flog it and put the money towards a more modern bike. Is their a market for old as new MTB's ?

If it's only going to be worth £50 then it's a keeper :)

Cape Wrath won't be worth much. They still make them now in updated form, and a year old toys be lucky to net £150 for one, never mind 15 years.

Service it, ride it, enjoy it.

Chopper1192":1pqe9kdr said:
Cape Wrath won't be worth much. They still make them now in updated form, and a year old toys be lucky to net £150 for one, never mind 15 years.

Service it, ride it, enjoy it.

OK Thanks. That's what i'll do. As for the service though it doesn't need it lol !

Cloud_Tiger":1sgqk325 said:
OK Thanks. That's what i'll do. As for the service though it doesn't need it lol !

In that case, get on and ride it and just soak up that nostalgia.

Before I ride and soak up the nostalgia I think I'll need to be soaking up the Neurofen !

Been a few years since I was in the saddle ...

Back