What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

Polished up some Record hubs and done a deal on a Peugeot columbus SLX frame...Retro No 2 is coming....Oh gawd...its started :facepalm:

NeilM":15dkunso said:
daj":15dkunso said:
Blame Ed he had to be home quick hence the lack of cake stop!! :D

Blame him? I'll kneecap him... there's always time for cake.

Apologies, but my approach is not to gain weight during a ride. Which probably explains my 'bidon and food free' approach to De Ronde. And everything that followed.

Look out for the Herefordshire Grimpeur in July - some height gain and time for a pint built in (liquid carbs is where it's at).

Been thinking lots about a Mayhem solo ride after deciding the spider is not for me , Short list at moment

Proflex 855
Proflex 856
Orange with Vectors on

Put a stopper bolt through the back of the seat post on my £25 Giant. Managed 3 miles yesterday before seat tipped back. Did another 8 before pain was too much. Stopped at winchcombe motors and Kit (owner) and I had a fiddle, tightened it up, and had a bit of a chat about the challenge. Fix lasted 200 yds. Two lumps On back of my neck by the times got home.

Off out shortly to see if sorted. Still bloody windy!

My wife found a 1991 Marin Bear Valley on Preloved for £60 :shock:

I picked it up yesterday and today I replaced the gear cables and chain, and started to give it a quick clean up, which is all it really needs to get it going.

It has had so little use, that the rims are not even marked from braking, and the brake pads look absolutely new.

Bog stock original 91 Bear Valley for £60........ jammy cow!

daj":1jm5saa7 said:
Been thinking lots about a Mayhem solo ride after deciding the spider is not for me , Short list at moment

Proflex 855
Proflex 856
Orange with Vectors on

proflex are crap, do you really need all that extra weight ?

matthew71":2ja18alz said:
daj":2ja18alz said:

Proflex 855
Proflex 856
Orange with Vectors on

I had one BITD matt , they are pretty good and not that heavy pending build

daj":37wbzdxu said:
matthew71":37wbzdxu said:
daj":37wbzdxu said:

Proflex 855
Proflex 856
Orange with Vectors on

I had one BITD matt , they are pretty good and not that heavy pending build

But what about today?....... Tell them, go on.... :LOL:

matthew71":1o3wlb68 said:
94 miles on the masi this weekend, with no HONC mud and wind.road riding is really the way foward :D

not far behind you matty rode with the club fast group today too , 40 miles at 18.1 mph average over the hilly Cotswolds. No mud my bike felt like a rocket!! :LOL: :LOL:

Back