What component from BITD do you miss the most?

Selle Italia Turbo saddles. Used to be available everywhere in the late 80's and cost tuppence. Now for some reason they sell for a fortune, so I miss them dearly as I'd be minted if I still had them.

Gruff":1risn9dr said:
The Ken":1risn9dr said:
again Gloves - specialized mits with towelling right across the back - do modern cyclists sweat and snot less than they used to? A thumb sized patch of towelling is not enough for me.

+1 the grey suede palm'd ones with the blue towelling backs.

And the lightweight full finger gloves with the really long elasticated cuffs, so the inevitable tiny bit of exposed wrist doesn't get cold.

The plates to mount on your rear wheel to make it a discwheel. Made your bike heavier, lethal in strong winds from the side but they where COOL! Skinwall tyres are missed to!

Bullet Brothers Chain Tensioner, made quite a bit of difference and looked cool, no really! Seen here (look at the blue thingy attached to the rear wheel quick release) on my Specialized M2XX S-Works about 15 years ago, great bike shortly after this photo i spent a fortune on a full M950 XTR Groupset, RockShox SID's and a pair of Mavic CrossMax wheels. God i miss that bike. :cry:

img0380jm.jpg

Gruff":3lmedi3k said:
The Ken":3lmedi3k said:
again Gloves - specialized mits with towelling right across the back - do modern cyclists sweat and snot less than they used to? A thumb sized patch of towelling is not enough for me.

+1 the grey suede palm'd ones with the blue towelling backs.

I still use those but the leather at the fingers is starting to disintegrate.

Altek BL25 levers
SDG kevlar saddles
Mavic 217 Sunsets rims
Deore DX deraillers (XT's prettier younger sister)

I'm set for spares though. :p

Thumbshifters
Affordable onza porcs (I always had 3 at any one time)
Mint sauce

Oh and seeing as no one has mentioned them yet; 'rad shorts' :LOL:

Back