Joey McLoughlin’s Ex ANC Halfords Team Bike

I've got Paul Watson's ANC-Halfords team bike, would love to restore it but it's to expensive. A great ride even if it is tatty. Did the Wiggle new Forest Spring Sportive on my replica last Saturday unfortunately the only original parts are the frame, forks, stem and handlebars.

An old Peugeot said:
I've got Paul Watson's ANC-Halfords team bike, would love to restore it but it's to expensive. A great ride even if it is tatty. Did the Wiggle new Forest Spring Sportive on my replica last Saturday unfortunately the only original parts are the frame, forks, stem and handlebars.[/quote

Paul’s bike was on here some time ago as a complete bike, it’s the same version as mine. You have a rare bike. What happened to the components given it was up for sale as a complete bike?

Christmas has come again, wheels are back, after the re-build, NOS Wolber tubs glued, now need to clean up the block, Chainset / chainrings at huge cost have been re-anodised with the Campag logo, I installed NOS bolts, so it looks as good as new. Had to buy NOS TA Specialities bottle cages, but also managed to get some Isostar bottles to match the ones used by ANC team. Headset polished up like new, but had to by a NOS top nut. See link to the recent photos.

Note to the purists – as the groupset was pro issue there are some differences from what was sold in the shops, such as no logo on the chainset, but I choose to have one

Almost everything is now ready for the return of the frame which shouldn’t be too long

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aln1974/86 ... otostream/

This build is coming along superbly.I love the chainset. How much did it cost to get re-anodized and more important than that who does it?

kettlo":23fqt3kl said:
This build is coming along superbly.I love the chainset. How much did it cost to get re-anodized and more important than that who does it?

It ended up costing more than a NOS one off ebay (in the region of £300+) Its a company in NW England who do some work for the company I work for, not an economical option but I wanted to keep as much of it original as possible. Having the original turbo saddle re-covered drained the bank account even more. One lesson from all of this you could build a virtual exact replica at a fraction of the price with lots of NOS components.

Whoaaaaa...that's a bit steep. I was wondering if it was a possibility to get some of Tel's chainsets re-anodized but not for that kind of money. It does look great tho. Any chance of a close up....

Stephen

ColnagoC59":1evz3cqk said:
An old Peugeot":1evz3cqk said:
I've got Paul Watson's ANC-Halfords team bike, would love to restore it but it's to expensive. A great ride even if it is tatty. Did the Wiggle new Forest Spring Sportive on my replica last Saturday unfortunately the only original parts are the frame, forks, stem and handlebars.[/quote

Paul’s bike was on here some time ago as a complete bike, it’s the same version as mine. You have a rare bike. What happened to the components given it was up for sale as a complete bike?

Paul's bike is as I brought it except the tyres had to be changed as they were down to the canvas, although it didn't come with teh original wheels and block.

kettlo":2onjchxh said:
What about some pics of Pauls bike...go on you know you want to...

There are some photo's of Paul's bike on here that the previous owner uploaded - its a nice bike

Back