1999 Dekerf Generation (non-sympathetic restoration!)

suburbanreuben":19natz24 said:
It's a shame about the ugly disc brace, but otherwise looking good!

i like that - minimalistic triangulation - ye cannot beat it.

nice frame colour - no decals on it?

Cheers guys, Mr Dekerf's mount is a little prettier and he uses a gusset rather than a brace. If I'd been in Canada, it'd have gone to him, but the cost of shipping from here would have been ridiculous.

I asked whether he'd send a mount and gusset for Dave Yates to braze on. Chris wasn't comfortable doing that in case it wasn't done in exactly the right way, Dave wasn't comfortable recreating it. Fair enough. I think it looks as good as a brace could - a curvy one wouldn't look right with the wishbone stay.

Wasn't quite grabbed by any of the current decal set colours, I investigated repro of the old style generation decals, but that was looking like £50 for design + £50 for printing... I think it looks quite classy bare, so it's probably going to stay that way. I'm looking at getting a custom headbadge from Geoff Moorhouse.

Try Gil_m on the forum for decal or email him gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

If he has them on file he can do a complete set for £30-40 IIRC. He's very patient and will work with you until you get what you want. I had some bizarre ideas before I settled on what I wanted. Here's one that didn't make the cut!!
34eb3cb4.jpg

Back