a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is finished

Thank you guys :D

Well where I live is just too much green (I live in the forest :roll:). With B&W I tried to reduce the intense green contrast and I think I succeeded.

That's one lovely bike!!

What size and compound are the tyres? I've got a minion dh front in 2.5 and high roller supertackys in 2.5 and 2.35 and a 60a one in 2.35. Hows the grip? Mud clearance? Speed on the drier trails?

Thanks!!!!

Raleighracer":3injpf41 said:
What size and compound are the tyres? I've got a minion dh front in 2.5 and high roller supertackys in 2.5 and 2.35 and a 60a one in 2.35. Hows the grip? Mud clearance? Speed on the drier trails?
on the above pics are panaracer smoke & dart in 2.1 and they have really good grip (but only the combination smoke/dart) ..maybe for my taste slightly too hard.
To be honest, if you want to drive properly, you need tires newer generations like Maxis (see pictures on the second page).

some more pics of my Minimalist...

mpm67.jpg

mpm68.jpg

mpm69.jpg

mpm70.jpg

Yeah there the tyres I was referring to just wondered how they feel.

I generally imagine you need a more aggressive tyre on a rigid to keep up with somebody on suspension?

Top build...has a loverly simplicity, more dificult to achieve than many people think.

Love those B&W photos, reminds me of old skool infra red film.

Re: a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is fini

Beautiful bike and pictures!

I have just purchased a 95' Pine Mountain frame but without seat post, so
if you can tell me what's the seat post diameter for your Pine Mountain? I can't find it on the internet.

Many thanks!

Latest posts

Back