Zinn from ebay with issue's, but hey, still sweet!

Giom6":yemunwoc said:
dazzawazza":yemunwoc said:
Is there any difference between Record O.R and the road derailleurs of the time?
I already have 2 medium cages and it looks like the cage can easily be transferred over to a road derailleur?

There must be some difference but not much I reckon.

I think you could do that but not sure how difficult it would be to do.
The Chorus road mech from a year or two later appears to be exactly the same as a Record OR, apart from the short cage and script. When my Rec OR went wobbly I bought a Chorus and swapped over the cage ..after rubbing off the 'Chorus' script, you'd never know the difference.
They're much cheaper and easier to find too, but you still have to have/find a long cage..

To all interested in the progression of this bike.....

Here's a probable component replacement ;-)

8633142540_9a56d65314_b.jpg

Yes, I'm still waiting on Ebay's final decision, but what ever they decide... I'm keeping it!!
Will send an update when it occurs.

dazzawazza":3b6s89oj said:
Yes, I'm still waiting on Ebay's final decision, but what ever they decide... I'm keeping it!!
Will send an update when it occurs.

Great news, I'm really pleased for you :)

It's a shame the seller turned out to be a bit of a shambles, but if you can get anything back to help bring the frame back to its former glory, then it'll be worth the hassle.

Unfortunately there was an unfavourable outcome for me on this one.
The seller denied the dent via email and then fell silent.
After lodging a dispute for £250; Ebay originally offered £100 and then after 3 days told me to return the bike.
I have decided to keep the bike, but was unable to receive any refund.
I’ll be selling some of the Campagnolo parts, but will have to try for the best price to recover some of the repair cost. :(

It's time to put this behind me and enjoy building and riding the bike. :D

Cheers!

That's crap news money wise anyway. But at least the frame will get the treatment it deserves.

On the eBay dispute thing. Now they just moderate. So it's likely that the seller offered you £100 and then decided sod it I want it back and I'll resell it based on how much it went for.

I was considering returning the bike, but after taking it out of the box to inspect for the last time I just couldn’t do it.
It would have been a regretful decision. The repair cost can easily be saved with a few less brought lunches and trips to the pub. Lol

Also, my Campagnolo stock is useless stored in boxes.... ;)

Back