chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
DSC00405.jpg

Time - 10.00am for 10.30 start.

Start & Parking - Meet in Sherwood Pines car park which is shown on the map below. (Post code for car park is NG21 9JL)
Parking cost a very reasonable £3 last time we visited but could well have gone up since then so please have change.

Distance - 11-12 miles in the morning then a nice leisurely lunch at the cafe then the same again in the afternoon.

Terrain - Sherwood Pines red route, singletrack!

Difficulty - 3/5 - Nothing too strenuous with a few nice technical sections, perfect for rigid and singlespeed retrobikes.

DSC00409.jpg

One of favourite rides of 2010/11 Sherwood Pines is a man made trail centre full of fast flowing singletrack through the beautiful pine forest. Facilities are excellent with ample parking, a great cafe, toilets and a bike shop all on site. I planned two loops of the red route which starts and finishes at the cafe area so we can have lunch in between.

Link to 2011 aftermath - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152533&hilit=sherwood+pines

Hope to see as many as possible of you there,

Chris.

Remember no helmet no ride!

Confirmed riders
chrisv40 +1
fluffychicken
Spudly
Trebz
DanD
Captaincosmic
rc200ti
Uncogero

Maybe's
Richaitch
Nakedgav

Ride over here the day before but, if possible i will try get down. worth the effort, a good day down there and why i clicked the aftermath i don't know! :facepalm:

Top memories of having a carpark session on captain cosmic's P7. good bike. Andy B's team titanium, rob's kona, gav's ss muirwooods. and a brace of Alpinestars, boo hoo, why did i sell that '92 DX ??. chin up mate, a '91 is in the making. Great surface at the pines, like riding on carpet :)

Am i the transport for you and Ben for this one then Chris :D

Just looked through the pics from last year, that looks awesome, i cant wait to get on them trails!

i wouldn't be able to do that weekend either as it's mum's 70th birthday, my weekends are all accounted for until after the 19th May

Re: Sherwood Pines - Sunday 19th May

Date changed to the 19th to avoid clashing with the North East groups Harwood ride.

Sorry Andy but I cant move it much farther back as it will clash with the next National and will be nearly into June.

Spudly":25cz3cgn said:
Am i the transport for you and Ben for this one then Chris :D

Just looked through the pics from last year, that looks awesome, i cant wait to get on them trails!

If thats ok then yes we can all share the fuel then, having said that Adam is coming so might have to take a car too.

Re: Sherwood Pines - Sunday 19th May

If I do go, I don't mind driving down. Might bring the family, don't forget to tell the Midlands lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back