Compulsory Measles jabs?

Under EU law medical treatment can't be compulsory. To this day there's still legal argument over whether fluoride in tap water counts as medical treatment, and therefore unlawful.

The issue wasn't level of protection but possible alleged side effects that were never proven but caused lack of take up of jabs leaving significant number exposed to risk of disease, choice has always been risk of immunisation vs risk of disease and remains the same in my view

Vaccinations shouldn't be made compulsory IMHO, however they can be made as part of a contract of employment, I have to be vaccinated against Hep B.

People who knew about the real risks of MMR generally had it, all my kids have had everything, I even paid the £300 odd quid for the HPV vaccine (Gardacil) for my son.

Shaun

At the time when all the alleged potential side effects were being talked about it was really scary!!
My wife was working at a school for Autistic kids at the time and talk was rife.
Both my kids ended up having measels, mumps and rubela jabs seperately at great cost.
I have double checked this recently as i'm only 15 miles from Swansea :shock:

Leave it townspeople conscience, but when they subsequently fall ilk with an ailment that could have been prevented by vaccination then Bill them for the treatment. Can't say fairer than that.

Grannygrinder":1fhwbsf3 said:
At the time when all the alleged potential side effects were being talked about it was really scary!!
My wife was working at a school for Autistic kids at the time and talk was rife.
Both my kids ended up having measels, mumps and rubela jabs seperately at great cost.
I have double checked this recently as i'm only 15 miles from Swansea :shock:

When the rumours were at their worst, was about the time my eldest was due his first MMR jab. So we went privately and had the jabs done individually. Fast forward when his booster was then due, and the picture was clearer, and his booster was the combined.

My youngest had the combined jabs.

There's zero medical evidence that the mmr presented any risk. It was the press giving column inches to crackpots and housewives, free to spout their claims with no scientific basis that created this situation.

Chopper1192":36s7lgcw said:
There's zero medical evidence that the mmr presented any risk. It was the press giving column inches to crackpots and housewives, free to spout their claims with no scientific basis that created this situation.

That's just naive and reactionary the situation wasn't just created by vociferous nutjobs, there was something of a dodgy study, that truly was debunked in time, but at first there was at least some doubt - middle England housewives didn't cause the panic, they reacted to something from the medical scientific community that they couldn't have been expected to dismiss out of hand at the outset.

Latest posts

Back