Boston marathon.

i was folllowing this all day yesterday on the scanners. utterly gripping to hear what was happening. unfortunately fatigue got the better and i went to bed. 15 mins later...busted. doh!

i have to ask...who the heck randomly goes outside to look at their boat at 1.45 in the morning with a mad gun toting bomber on the loose?...

good job he did tho...

They say he noticed blood on the ground near the boat. That is the point I would have gone back into my house! Apparently this guy went and looked under the tarp on the boat...

Sometime after 6pm there, after they had lifted the lock down instruction.

highlandsflyer":8v19a7rb said:
I don't know, the news channels seem to be doing a decent job.

What I do know is that the news channels make a great deal of reference to social media such as Twitter. The sheer range of different types of people who use it make for, in the main, a very credible source.
The use of Twitter etc to share in this type of situation is the way things are going.

the news was well behind and way out for most of the day....i found much more info using police scanner channels and cruising a few us forums. cross reffign to forums helped weed out the rubbish.

What is the news? The channels I refer to were live at the scene. Twitter was as full of inaccurate speculation as usual, as well as some good info.

Twitter is merely an unregulated channel.

Were journalists and broadcasters to act like Twitter gossip and rumour would, in the main, replace verified news.

I still have some belief in trained news staff working out fact from fiction before publishing, regardless of a number of them getting it wrong.

The FBI taking all measures, even unnecessary ones, to get their man!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahwSmcZxBAU[/youtube]

saulus":1wkgn25y said:
I'm intrigued, :) America strikes me as paradoxical; they have the right to bear arms but will sue you for selling them a cup of coffee that's too hot. :)
Yeah that is paradoxical :cool: . I wonder if bullets cause more injury than scaldings. :p

Back