BSA retro

spike3

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, purists, bike snobs, guys with a lack of humor press the back button now....

Still here? Excellent well the West Mids is doing a scrapheap challenge with a £25 maximum spend, so naturally I scoured eBay at 1am and bought an activator for £13.49 but no, that was just too predictable and it weighs the same as my Land Rover.

So a new plan emerged involving a BSA 20 shopping bike and here she is, all for £4.80. And yes this will be doing a lap of the trails in the Forrest of Dean. :mrgreen:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice find, looks like a monocoque frame, riser bars, and a chain guide too! :)

£4.80? seriously! that's a bargain.

Have you got any plans to modify it? maybe make a '62'er? (26" front, 20" rear, and fit some suspension forks) make it into an Easy Rider style chopper?

Raging_Bulls":2lo3hclo said:
It would be a shame not to restore that. It has character. Make sure you don't wreck it in that challenge.

I'll try not to.

jimo746":2lo3hclo said:
Nice find, looks like a monocoque frame, riser bars, and a chain guide too! :)

Have you got any plans to modify it? maybe make a '62'er? (26" front, 20" rear, and fit some suspension forks) make it into an Easy Rider style chopper?

Plan is to go for nobbly tyres, remove the mudguards for clearance and see about a much longer seatpost, other than that maybe some new brake pads and a clean.

If nobblies don't fit then just a clean and brake pads and hope 30 year old town tyres survive the FOD.

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon, might have to try it out in the local woods, should be good.

kermitgreenkona88":23cv3h5m said:
20x1.75 BMX type tyres won't work on there as the wheels are 20x1 3/8 old stylee ;)

This is my concern but apparently there are two rim sizes, one allows modern BMX tyres the other doesn't, so we shall see...

My dad had an E-type in that colour. That was the first thing to be changed. But paint all the ancillaries in Camo green. It could be like a camouflage bike :)

Back