Child seat question.....inc Hamex

The I bert seat on my Pugsley is really secure and it doesn't affect the steering or front to any noticable degree, but its all relative as my boy is only 2 1/2 so we just cruise along, theres no playing silly buggers :)
I find the beauty of this seat, and it looks the same for MikeD's, is that your arms are around them and they feel a bit more secure, great for babies or toddlers. My little man has a trailer but he loves his seat more.
Whatever works as long as they like being in it and its OK and safe for you to ride.
Jamie

Ours is a Weeride Kangaroo. You do need to be reasonably tall -- people of more diminutive stature may find they've got a toddler wedged under their chin. But having them up front is great -- you can chat, they can see where they're going, you can point at stuff. We've got a LOCT seat too, which is a similar idea but for older children. It's kind of a modern interpretation of the old top-tube-mounted saddle seats:

Long vehicle by MikeDavis, on Flickr

Jamiedyer":r3xyf7l5 said:
I'm not sure on the Hamex seat but for my little man I use an I-Bert seat or safe T seat as its sometimes called. Mounts to the steerer. Very solid and quick to fit. My little man loves it.
Heres a couple of pics on the Pugsley but it pretty much fits anything with at least an inch or so of stem space to mount it on.
If your interested I can send a pic of the bits unmounted.
Jamie

I bet he feels like that scene on the titanic being on the very front

Just got our Hamex mounted on my On One and had the same problem you've described.

65F7427F-543D-4E77-973D-ECC249665A6E-3537-00000987B3CC27C2.jpg

The mount measures 9cm top to bottom including the sockets for the seat. 7cm without them (they clear the top tube anyway).

DB1B7105-EE98-4637-ADA6-A8A5A491A8D3-3537-00000987A703A8E8.jpg

The clamp itself is 6cm. I managed to fit it above the cable stop. The clamp is split, so I put the cable stop between them to begin with but the seat rubbed on the rear tyre when my son was sat in it.

698193E2-0286-42F1-9F45-F77FD4CF27AA-3537-000009879A5D9762.jpg

Hope this helps! T..

Its good to see the different styles, especially as they get bigger. MikeD's tandem is looking good for when he's older.
I know Kaiser on here fitted a seat recently that was similar to mine but mounted onto a bar that went from seatpost to stem. It was like another top tube with a seat on it, looked a solid fitting as well.

Jamie

My little man just seen his pic above and now wants to go out on the bike :LOL:

Well my cable stop will not allow a bracket above, the gap is far to small what size frame is your one oneRetro Guru..........i managed to buy (not picked up yet) a hamex for £7........so i'm hoping i can fit it below the stop and it not rub the back tyre in my effectivly 18'' frame ???? if not i'll sell it on and buy a front seat as in suggestions.....whats this one that goes on the seat and head tube look like please ?

The On One is small, perhaps 17" but has quite a laid back seat tube I think. That's the reason for the seat rubbing on the tyre. The back of the bracket has a low profile, being a couple of thin rubber strips and a steel plate. You'll probably be able to get the cable stop in between the two halves. It worked on mine but I still needed more height.

Jamiedyer":1lsni40l said:
I know Kaiser on here fitted a seat recently that was similar to mine but mounted onto a bar that went from seatpost to stem. It was like another top tube with a seat on it, looked a solid fitting as well.

The Weeride Kangaroo works like that.

Back