Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Have had one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seen one blue one.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Aaro_h

Retro Newbie
(If you have seen one (Not the new ones!) id like to know when and where! )
Hi Guys! I have a Kona Stinky Six frame on my hands or actually had it since 2004. Make year is propably 2001? and any info or photos of this bike and setup is more than welcome. Had in mind building it as it was when sold from shop!
I have had many setups on this frame and some photos are shown underneath.

Bought this frame from Joonas Vinnari who ride for kona finland at those days. Also seen in some finnish mtb/Dh movieclips =P

Stinky six originally has 6" of travel with a Fox Vanilla R shock( 200/50)...Well as i had a Shiver with 190mm of travel in front i upgraded a (200x57) fox vanilla rc shock and now had approx 7" of travel in back!

p4pb370923.jpg

p4pb428302.jpg

p4pb469007.jpg

p4pb718536.jpg

p4pb960833.jpg

This is what i have found on the internet
http://bikeaddict.com/bikes/stinkysix.html

Thanks for your curiosity and sorry for my bad english(if it is?)!

cyfa2809":25fi7qdc said:
Is it the same as a coiler or another model?

Pinky six?

These were out before the coiler, and were a longer travel version of the base Stinky which only had 5 inches of travel. The coiler filled the gap between the Dawg and the stinky as the stinky gained travel.

I like the colour. I also like the build with 66's best.

Mindmap3":ociqcz8b said:
I like the colour. I also like the build with 66's best.

I think the best built was with the RS Boxxer 151... Most balanced and fast to ride.

Hoping to get this one back together sometime(soon?) who knows. Maybe with a boxxer or the original Z1 CR 130mm

:)

Got a Stinky Six 2009, since then Kona have renamed them the Stinky TL. Never seen one of those though, great colour.
Look very compact, lovely. How does it handle ?

Color is sadly and quietly fading to white of some parts of frame.
Its quite nimble but not as some highlights as Intense bikes or some others.
Basic systems like 4linkage rearsuspension, but i like the pink colour on it and its kind of a legend for me at least!

looks cool in pink :cool: i remember seeing one the same colour in halfords in edinburgh for something like £2000 way back in 2000/2001 , i seem to remember it having matt grey forks tho :?

cool bike anyway :D

Hello again from snowy Finland!

Frame is now being repainted as original. I also have custom made new original looking "stickers" ready!. Rear triangle has been polished and looks better than ever!
New fotos coming soon!

Now some news... good news!
Photos:
p4pb9467154.jpg

Polished:
p4pb9467157.jpg

Old:
p4pb9467229.jpg

New:
p4pb9467230.jpg

p4pb9467231.jpg

Finally Complete!
p4pb9467233.jpg

I like it. I also found out this was sold in sweden by Tobias who now works at ilikebike and has also visited our store(R-Tech Suspension oy) in finland many times sellin his Knog lights and locks :mrgreen:

Please tell me what u guys think of this project!

Back