1988 Overbury's Pioneer

Re: 198? Overbury's Pioneer

sinnerman":2y54lktr said:
makster":2y54lktr said:
Excellent! Any help greatly appreciated.
I have an original of that spec sheet, as it came with my other Pioneer.

Sorry bud, i did forget you had the purple and white one... :oops:

I notice the original paint on your is a totally different colour to mine, yours is very metallic in comparison.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179733

No problem! I've been hunting for my folder containing all of the paperwork for my 1990, but it's buried under work stuff somewhere :roll:
I'll dig it out, as I'm sure the dates on some of the correspondence are very close to the dates on yours.
The paint is deffo metallic on mine. I've posted some more pics....in the SUNSHINE :cool:

Ok, so I managed to sneak away from work a bit early today, and got busy stripping!
I am completely amazed at how easily it all came apart. The chainset took some leverage to budge, but the bb came straight out :D

The first cool thing I found was this....

A piece of masking tape still on the forks, with the painting instructions "blend blue into top section" on!

I was very pleased to see shiny metal, and not endless rot in the bb shell...

The next cool thing salvaged was the original shop sticker!...

The forks are deffo a concern. I'm hoping that most of this rust is superficial....

It also looks like some clot has over tightened the clamp at some point too...

I love the cable stops :D

Nice and shiny, in the sunshine :cool:

Still not sure which way to go with this. I can see the attraction of following the Exage Mountain route, to match the iconic 'Orange' advert, but I may just build it up as I'd have liked it had it been me ordering it.
I will 100% be getting the paint replicated as closely as possible though!

I'm sure Exage Mountain is fine and all that, but why not build it up with XT and then it will at least perform as well as it can, and will still be in keeping. If this model was only available with the Exage grouppo then you may have had a point, but at the risk of upsetting all those who feel that Exage/Altus/Activators have a place here, it's a quality frame so I see no point handicapping it with low end kit.

These are of course merely my opinions, and I don't expect anyone else to agree, as we can't all be right, and by that I mean I am right, consequently, if you do not agree you are wrong.

Rod_Saetan":mhwrmuuc said:
I'm sure Exage Mountain is fine and all that, but why not build it up with XT and then it will at least perform as well as it can, and will still be in keeping. If this model was only available with the Exage grouppo then you may have had a point, but at the risk of upsetting all those who feel that Exage/Altus/Activators have a place here, it's a quality frame so I see no point handicapping it with low end kit.

These are of course merely my opinions, and I don't expect anyone else to agree, as we can't all be right, and by that I mean I am right, consequently, if you do not agree you are wrong.

Exage Mountains alright, Hyperglyde, Biopace, SLR, etc etc, other than weight it all functions the same... :?

Its never going to win any awards, but Form and Function and all that...., and besides hes got one with a better spec...?

And anyway, that very model was Overburys Making a statement. They could build a bike and hit a Pricepoint without the need to go to the far east for production, (like Orange) Hence the advert.

Whilst I do agree really with the XT theory, if you do that, you might as well, strip it, and powder it in the colour of your choice and have done with it.

RULE BRITANNIA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63o8exNK4-Q
lol.

sinnerman":2c09mqel said:
Whilst I do agree really with the XT theory, if you do that, you might as well, strip it, and powder it in the colour of your choice and have done with it.

I'm glad you agree.

;-}

Rod_Saetan":1a77zofz said:
sinnerman":1a77zofz said:

I'm glad you agree.

;-}

:LOL: Yeh i dont really like fences, sitting on them makes me dizzy...!

Surprisingly to some, I agree with Carl, which is the very reason I decided not to bid on this bike.

There are certain bikes that need to be restored or rebuilt to an original spec. and this is one of them.

Enjoying this thread a lot.

I've no problem with most of the Exage Mountain kit...but those shifters/levers were what let it all down, in my opinion.
The MT60 thumbies were a quantum leap up the ladder.
I'll see what I can find while getting the frame and forks sorted

Back