CLASSIC MTBs IN UNUSUAL PLACES

richardpaulbaker

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Come on, let's all go through our old photos and post pics of our old bikes in unusual/strange places.
I'll start the ball rolling with this pic a mate of mine unearthed of me on my Muddy Fox Courier in the main arena of Treworgy Tree Festival Cornwall in '89.
Arrived there in the week before the fest and rode around the site all weekend and up and around Bodmin moor.
Got stopped by the police one time going back into the fest who thought we were some kind of MTB powered drug runners.
They searched inside the frame tubes and everywhere !!!
The photo was taken early on one of the days before most punters had surfaced.
Some of the people in the foreground had danced till they dropped and been in that position since the night before I fear !

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Cheers

Attachments

• TREWORGY TREE FAIR '89.jpg
    TREWORGY TREE FAIR '89.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 548
Funny you should start this. Was thinking of taking a pic while out today.......

If you can remember as much as I can about that festival, next to nothing, you will probably find a picture of you upright a massive shock. :)

Yes Highlandsflyer.
Until, I saw this pic I have to admit having only a blurry memory of most of the time at Treworgy.
A few things did stick in my mind.
1. I can remember being offered a large quantity of drugs in exchange for my Muddy Fox by a Dread Rasta (all I had to do was go back to his camp with him to do the deal - which obviously translated as get beaten up by him and his mates and having my bike nicked..). I rode off into the crowd.
2. Somebody used the bumper of my mates car as a comfy toilet leaving a rather large 'signature' !
3. I saw a Rottweiler eating a sheep in the field next to the main stage.

Festivals just aren't what they used to be. Kid's these days don't know they're born etc, etc, mumble, mumble.................

Back