Specialized Rockhopper 1997

Just need to fit cables and brakes. Pads and noodles for v brakes are rusted beyond repair.

I know there are only 5 people interested in this from 2500 members but still...

I am getting there between feeding a newborn and struggling to walk with a knee injury!

And best of all the wife promises to give the bike a go (she doesn't cycle at all)

Had a half hour yesterday so got it all cabled up, chain fitted, new cassette and cranks on.

Nobody cares but its all done

First attempt at indexing, to my embarrassment, think its OK but only took it for a quick road spin in the dark and rain.

Thanks to Ringo for his help on gears and those who helped on my chain length questions I posted.

Appreciate the modern chain set is nasty but this was rescued from the tip and all in with new drive train parts and cables probably owes me less than a bso.

Now to see if the wife uses it!

We_are_Stevo":2wzmiv4g said:
Well I like it...:cool:

Thanks chap. It's very satisfying doing all the work yourself, wish I had given it a go before really. Most of the rebuilding is trial and error but put me in good stead for future builds.

coomber":jszhaczk said:
We_are_Stevo":jszhaczk said:
Well I like it...:cool:

Thanks chap. It's very satisfying doing all the work yourself, wish I had given it a go before really. Most of the rebuilding is trial and error but put me in good stead for future builds.

Exactly, it's more about confidence than ability...

...now you've made a start there'll be no stopping you ;)

I agree Stevo... mind you when you see the experts do it, it reminds me of my own ability...

Took one of mine down to be security tagged in Leeds city centre (excellent Police security initiative) and there was one of Woodrups bike shop mechanics doing simple tune ups... In two minutes he did what would take me over an hour!

What's the next build then Coomber? :D

My Orbit in my sig.

Would like to buy a e stay kili again having had two which I passed on without building. But no hurry happy to get these built and ridden!

Back