restoring holdsworth and need some help

sisyphus":23huskzv said:
Holdsworths of this age seemed to come in a variety of different colours and finishes - from chrome to metallic colours to white enamel. They often have a different coloured panel on the seat and head tube and be embellished with box lining etc so its hard to give a specific answer. The decals may have been the W F Holdsworth one with the W above the F......I think. This is the way Im seeing the paint work on a Cyclone deluxe Im about to have repainted

Thanks, Im going with the WF Holdsworth with the W above the F.

Still, does anyone know how I can find specific date of manufacture (year) using the frame number? Also, is there likely to be any other information stored somewhere for a particular frame?

Thanks

sisyphus":wurjyh9v said:
mlasham":wurjyh9v said:
sisyphus":wurjyh9v said:
Holdsworths of this age seemed to come in a variety of different colours and finishes - from chrome to metallic colours to white enamel. They often have a different coloured panel on the seat and head tube and be embellished with box lining etc so its hard to give a specific answer. The decals may have been the W F Holdsworth one with the W above the F......I think. This is the way Im seeing the paint work on a Cyclone deluxe Im about to have repainted

Thanks, Im going with the WF Holdsworth with the W above the F.

Still, does anyone know how I can find specific date of manufacture (year) using the frame number? Also, is there likely to be any other information stored somewhere for a particular frame?

Thanks

It should look clasic when finished - not sure about working out the date from the number (always seemed a mystery to me) but the other location of the frame number may be the forks.
If you look at the last but one picture above,the number is clearly readable.

sisyphus":383ksi74 said:
Its a lovely frame

I was actually hoping that there is a record of the frame number saying when it was built, who it was built by, colours, etc. Did Holdsworth keep these kind of records and are they still around somewhere?

Back