1996 GT Xizang

The mismatched shifters would wind me up too :p
I think I'm getting the hang of the retrobike thing :)

Oh and your valve/tyre logos aren't lined up properly.

Very nice! When I have a functioning retrobike again we should have a Tassie meet up, I'm sure AndrewL would have something to drag out of the Ling-Cave. Had a chance to get out on the new trails at Trevallyn yet?

Yeah thos pic were at dead mans knob... funny how we werent really alowed to ride there years ago, now its all good.
Funny, the new trails are all nice, rode some of the old XC/DH trails we used to ride years ago a few weeks ago, and they are all in a terrible state, I don't think anyone has ridden them many many years, overgrown, and had some erosion which just mad them very very rocky (looked more like they had a landslide land on them)...made me sad.

Yeah a meet up would be a good thing... I'd see if I could keep up with anyone...

@Al... the miss match shifters is totally doing my head in, tyres not so much, except that they weigh SO much.
Part of me wants to track down a pile of M950 XTR...thats what I want...but the other part of me just wants all new stuff... the face of the BB shell is pretty munted, needs a face up if I wanted to run a new crankset :(

YES! M95# is the go on these. Used to have a customer at Applebys with one, '96 like yours, the matte grey XTR stuff looks so good on those frames (especially the crankset).

Just ordered some new bits as the old rear mech is stuffed (ok more likely my mechanic skills are lacking, but lets not stop us from buying bits...)

This bike rocks. Feels comfortable and well balanced, I already feel more comfortable on it that my yeti or zaskar... which now makes me wonder, do I need the others...

WOW love bike mate you have a zaskar too :eek: whats the difference between the two was the Xizang top of the range (sorry new on here)

Back