UNIVEGA ALPINA PRO 1991

Is suspension possible?

Hi!
I'm new here, stumbled across the forum. I have exactly the same bike and I love it. I use it on really easy trails and have been very happy with it.

However, last week I tried some modern, Scott I think, and realized I want a front suspension fork. Does anybody know if that is possible on this bike? I have no clue what to look for, I don't even know if the "stem" is 1 in or bigger.

Saw an ad for MARZOCCHI MX100 and MARZOCCHI PF1, can I put one of those on?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm not sure, maybe it isn't considered nice to "modernize" this way, then tell me, I'm still learning...

/Johan

My steerer/ stem is 1.1/8th. so standard size- those marz forks look nice, I'm not sure how they perform!

Length?

Great, thanks a lot!

The seller tells me that the length of the "stem" or what it's called is 6 in. Is that the correct length? If not, can one change that?

Again, thanks for helping me out!

/Johan

It depends on the size of your bike and what type of stem and forks you have, 6 inches might be long enough- The best thing to do would be to remove your forks and measure and then you'll know for sure.

I should say that 6 inches would be too short for my frame

Atoms and bits...

Yes, I would measure if I could. I am however in sunny but freezing California, my bike and seller in, at the moment very warm, Sweden!

The seller says he thinks it can be replaced for a longer one, I think I will buy it, cross my fingers and learn a bit in the process.

I added a picture from the seller, guess it doesn't change anything. The size of my bike, well, I just don't know...

Thanks again, I will be back. Maybe, hopefully I can post some future pictures of my modernized pearl!

/Johan

Attachments

• IMG_150510.GIF
    IMG_150510.GIF
    47.8 KB · Views: 638
Back