Tough short stems? And torque wrenches?

:D It seemed really strange building the Retro Orange Prestige as light and as posh as I could justify. Long low and narrow RC Sub130 bars and bar ends! Its a different type of bike. The world has changed since the original gram counting and alloy shaving days, and of course changed back again full circle for a second attempt for all disciplines - crazy! :D

Good options there too. Thanks I'm on the right track, if leaning towards the reassuringly expensive stuff a bit!

Kevhl":36ql5fpi said:
My thomson is a short version of the slim and cylindrical longer ones!
Thought it might be, My 70 is too. seen writers say that the stocky ones come in the shorter sizes so just wondered. :) Shorter must start at 50 then, aimed at DH and FR crew traditionally.

On the subject of torque wrenches I heartily recommend Norbar. Made in Banbury. Not the cheapest but great and super service as well.

wynne":31yt72jd said:
On the subject of torque wrenches I heartily recommend Norbar. Made in Banbury. Not the cheapest but great and super service as well.

I'll second that. I've used loads through the years and Norbar are hands down the best, I'd say followed by Britool. I'd avoid beam type and you could consider a Ritchey torqkey for lower applications.

Thank you will look at those, really don't wanna spend a wedge on a bike adjuster but if its a good recommendation at least it'll last. :) Torqkey is ideal for the budget I currently have, easily portable too

Torque wrenches... There can be only one.

The Stahlwille leaf-spring.

Won't need calibrating and will last forever. Loved by BMW mechanics all over the world. If you get one of these out in front of a punter who knows his tools, he knows right away that he's in safe hands.

Latest posts

Back