SunTour is rising again...

inteserting speculation.
from what I see they are not going for Shimano/SRAM business but a targeted audience, see the links I gave.
not hitting new skool mtb/road markets, but the elegance of old style market. See the ARAYAS bikes I linked to.

of course I've not read all the site but it quite clearly is NOT market dominance on modern bikes.

Rob H":2pnu5iyo said:
Personally I think it will depend on what OEM contracts they can / have secured.

It is, I believe, going to be more along the lines of what the FluffyChicken said, not really aiming for the OEM market but perhaps the kind of thing we will see all over NAHBS bikes next year.

FluffyChicken":if6wi0jd said:
someone should tell them to get making the thumbies again and xc pro MTB stuff again

response from them.........

"Unfortunately most if not all the molds of XCPro and Superbe Pro components were sold for scrap metal after SunTour was sold.
Anything SunXCD makes in the future -- especially for shifters and derailleurs -- will require new molds. SunXCD has been researching shifters, but will not be rushing anything to the market."

Chopper1192":1zsc7ntn said:
FluffyChicken":1zsc7ntn said:
In the 1970’s and 80’s we cycled to be closer to nature, for the environment, for our health, for the simple beauty of cycling.”[/i]
He's talking rubbish. In the 70's we were all on Fizzies the moment we were 16, and clapped out capri's the moment we were 17. People only rode a bike because they were too young to drive or too skint to run a car.

Seems they've not elarned the elssons of the past, which makes the future look ominous.

you are only thinking of your little estate where you grew up - the rest of the world was a little different.

Back to the OP...

It's a big shame that the distribution in the UK has been hoovered up by the Hoxton Fixie crowd at Brick Lane Bikes. (and the rims don't even come in Tweedy Rene Herse Porteur-style 650B)
They certainly won't be asking for a new XC Pro, though thumbies might just have enough of a cult following to whet their appetite...

Night, Night,

I think there is a market for reasonably simple but great working and looking groupsets. There's a lot of bikes which work well but also look great. Not everyone wants a super tech looking bike and a lot of the manufacturers have made some great looking city/touring/leisure bikes but with a nod to decent performance. Problem is that the groupsets don't match the look of a lot of these bikes, its all black painted/ano and rather futuristic looking.
I'm thinking something Deore level in performance but with nice sleek looking components, such as chainsets, mechs, shifters. Probably polished silver. I'm thinking early 90's Campag looks, with a range of shifters and levers and chainsets to suit different bikes but all under one name. No big box section cranks or anything like that.
Wouldn't even have to be too tech - 8/9sp at most, double and triple options.

Relatedly, we've done these, yes?

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogu ... rs-9-Speed

6a7a87e3-facf-40b5-acba-a05800fb6fbe_290x290.jpg

(Also available in 10spd...)

Back