Raleigh Activator I / II appreciation thread

legrandefromage":20fsgmrd said:

Have you owned one? Have you serviced one?

No, and, erm, no.

legrandefromage":20fsgmrd said:
If so, what about your opinion on one rather wasting time pointing to everyone elses failings in life?

Hang on a minute - your reason for starting this thread wasn't constructive, so spare me the spiel now. You expect a certain empathy when you're at a low ebb, so what's this thread about, making yourself feel better, by demeaning people by proxy of ridiculing some bikes that some people like?

It's just a big, smelly crock, that's all - it's another, ever-so-subtle baiting thread to wind people up. If you have absolutely no appreciation or good things to say about them, why start a thread on one - and don't give me this soliciting the forum's opinion crap - it's so you can tease out some wholesale slagging off of them.

When can't you live and let live - my point on positivity, is you often post threads about things being a bit bleak, well maybe a positive outlook would help, and maybe not trying to make yourself feel better at the expense of other people may serve you better.

I'm sure you, and others would probably find it quite poor form, if some of the people you intend to wind-up with this thread, posted rather negative comments to threads you've started when you're looking for a bit of a boost. So how about a bit of self-realisation - 'cos sometimes, the rank fecking hypocrisy staggers belief, one minute you've got people saying how they dislike arguing and certain types of threads, the next, people are either starting similar threads or fuelling the fire.

legrandefromage":3jx4oxcq said:
Ok, so these take a lot of stick from former owners, I've had both for a few weeks and was pretty put off by the components used let alone the actual ride. Servicing the buggers was a nightmare in itself...

Anyway, show your appreciation here and keep it civil or the Mods will do a clean up so the words '____' and '___' are removed.

$(KGrHqJ,!pYFDZ8GBwEJBR!udMZu6g~~60_1.JPG

Hang on a minute - your reason for starting this thread wasn't constructive, so spare me the spiel now. You expect a certain empathy when you're at a low ebb, so what's this thread about, making yourself feel better, by demeaning people by proxy of ridiculing some bikes that some people like?

I quote myself here looking for anything to do with what you've just posted as the two just dont marry up. Whether I'm at a low ebb or not really doesnt matter, I simply just thought one thread on the joys of a Raleigh Activator would help take the heat out of other threads. The 'Taken' quote made me chuckle as it worked quite well - I allowed myself 50 smug points and a sip of lager.

It's just a big, smelly crock, that's all - it's another, ever-so-subtle baiting thread to wind people up. If you have absolutely no appreciation or good things to say about them, why start a thread on one - and don't give me this soliciting the forum's opinion crap - it's so you can tease out some wholesale slagging off of them.

As for demeaning people, dont tar me with that brush when you bring an utterly pointless VRC mention into a thread, sniping at the members on there for no other reason other too big yourself up - something you're calling me out for. Have you bothered reading anything before you start typing,? I've not had a go at anyone, just the bike itself, your anger should be directed at that.

I'm sure you, and others would probably find it quite poor form, if some of the people you intend to wind-up with this thread, posted rather negative comments to threads you've started when you're looking for a bit of a boost. So how about a bit of self-realisation - 'cos sometimes, the rank fecking hypocrisy staggers belief, one minute you've got people saying how they dislike arguing and certain types of threads, the next, people are either starting similar threads or fuelling the fire.

As I bang my head against the wall for the fifth, maybe sixth time, the thread wasnt started to antagonize anybody - there , its in bold because I just love the sound of my fat fingers typing and scrabbling for the spell check.

*Edit: members can write what the hell they like on any thread within reason - feel free to ramble on mine.

legrandefromage":34n3vg2i said:

As for demeaning people, dont tar me with that brush when you bring an utterly pointless VRC mention into a thread, sniping at the members on there for no other reason other too big yourself up - something you're calling me out for.

How was that mention of VRC a snipe? I was merely alluding to their appreciation of fine mountain bikes.

See how that works?

Funny, isn't it, how some things are bad form, yet trying to play innocent on others, is just fine, eh. Did I just throw that in to big myself up, eh, or in the context of this thread did I do it to see what rank hypocrisy it would tease out.

legrandefromage":34n3vg2i said:

As I bang my head against the wall for the fifth, maybe sixth time, the thread wasnt started to antagonize anybody

Yes, sure - because, um, it's not like you've ever done it before, eh, and it's not like there's been some recent previous baiting on the subject, and it's entirely fatuous and unpredictable that you starting what your claiming to be a positive "appreciation" thread isn't about anything else. Sure. 'course it is - your form outs you.

The times I read people say these self-righteous words about what they want to see in threads and what they don't like, how all the petty arguing and back-stabbing is unnecessary, then the next minute, they're more than happy to light the blue touch paper for their own amusement, then when it's pointed out, play all innocent, as if all they were trying to do was solicit appreciation.

well, you are definitely the source of it this time, you didnt have to reply but you just couldnt let it go - so now the thread will be locked and the party will move on to whatever else pisses you off. You were made for the internet.

legrandefromage":a6cv0i58 said:
well, you are definitely the source of it this time, you didnt have to reply but you just couldnt let it go - so now the thread will be locked and the party will move on to whatever else pisses you off. You were made for the internet.

And neither could you.

The thing you miss in all this "it's just you who's argumentative" stance is it takes more than one, and why do stuff that you know - if you're truly honest - is only really to irritate some people.

News just in - if you're rude and swear at people, that makes Craptivators good bikes all of a sudden!

As dire as they were id hate for them all to disappear. They've there own niche in history and we shouldn't 're write the history books to remember only the good stuff. Hell, in years to come there'll be a tv series, "Activators - A Warning From History."

widowmaker":ep4xtme9 said:
I have never ridden one but would like to now, anyone let me have a test ride :D

Sunny Dorset? We are off to Weymouth in June,if I tie a rope on it and tow it down you can try it :)

My rack is a maximum 65 kg so best not risk it :facepalm:

johntomjoe":3khfnl43 said:
widowmaker":3khfnl43 said:
I have never ridden one but would like to now, anyone let me have a test ride :D

Sunny Dorset? We are off to Weymouth in June,if I tie a rope on it and tow it down you can try it :)

My rack is a maximum 65 kg so best not risk it :facepalm:

Thats a shame, i thought riding one would make me appreciate my Raleigh Kalahari more :D

Back