If you were to buy a modern bike what would you choose?

So far this year, probably a Whyte M109C but really I'm hanging in there to see what next year brings of 650b models.

Just wish it was a frame-only option.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. I think I'd go with an On One 26'er with vertical dropouts and the matching steel fork or a Soma Analog with their steel fork. If I went with a suspension shock I'd like to get something in around 100mm with lockout (I'm not very up on modern shock technology anymore - been a bit fan of Marz in the past). Then I'd build it as a homage to those early to mid 90's XC bikes I loved so much.

I've just done this :)

I'm running a '96 Cannondale M500 (from new...!) and have just pulled the trigger on a Cannondale F29 with Lefty on the cycle to work scheme.

So I guess that answers the question! It should turn up fairly soon, so I'll see if I like it as it's my first suspension bike and with big wheels!

I think I've got the hang of this modern bike lark.

So... a mint 95 Stumpjumper in that green colour - that's gotta be pretty modern, hasn't it?

Liteville 301 - i have one and i can advise it's fantastic - looks like a hardtail, lightweight - 27 lbs for a 160mm front and back full susser - it climbs and it will ride over anything (that my 'balls' will allow !) Recently i took out my Klein Attitude on my usual trails on the North Downs - it was amazing how hard and slow it felt on the Klein compared to the modern bike

Latest posts

Back