Pelissier Hubs - Opinions

ukgoalie32

Dirt Disciple
Afternoon all,

I'm a relative novice compared to some of the fountain's of knowledge on this forum and looking for some advice..

I'm currently using a set of Shimano Exage hubs on my mid 80's Peugeot (used for a 6 mile round trip commute so don't need anything special) but I have been offered a pair of Pelissier hubs (in good condition) and wanted to get some opinions on them. I particularly wanted some advice as they are not a brand I am familiar with. They appear to be in good condition and would be a better match to my 80's French bike than the Shimano Exage hubs I have at present.

Looking for general comments on them and have a couple of questions:

1. Am I correct in thinking they have replacable cartridge bearings? (looks so in the pictures)
2. Is the freehwheel thread french? (and if so I assume Maillard freewheels would fit?)

See below for pics...

Thanks,

Benn

Attachments

• $T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYkf9BRWv3pUS6Q~~60_57[1].jpg
    $T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYkf9BRWv3pUS6Q~~60_57[1].jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 562
  • $T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3Ic)BRWv3f,3S!~~60_57[1].jpg
    $T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3Ic)BRWv3f,3S!~~60_57[1].jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 562
They're cup and cone, not sealed. I've used them in the past, and they were pretty basic but I didn't have any problems with them. Mine weren't French freewheel fitting, so if these were bought in the UK, they might well not be French thread.
Nick

Plessier hubs in the 70's were sound hubs and cheaper than Campag / Shimano / Zeus. They were a cut above the cheap and cheerful Atom...........nothing wrong with Plessier at all :)

They did some fancy hubs with asymmetrical cutouts on the large flange which were really very nice.

Shaun

Pelissier, Atom, Maillard, Milremo - all basically the same thing?

Answers on a postcard etc.......................

Back