What is the correct fork for my 1991 Klein Attitude?

Hi Baldyz1, She's lovely hav'nt decided on a colour or even if i'm going to change the colour but i'm getting her resprayed, the seat tube repaired, the handlebars put back to original length and would ideally like to fit some rigid forks. I'll post some photos when it's all done, she's currently resting in a darkened room. I want her to be perfect before thrashing her down the local woods.

mkozaczek, she's got solid black decals which are the earlier type so would i be right in thinking that a box crown is the way to go?

Just a pic to wet the appetite. Sorry, none for sale.

Attachments

• IMAG5431-1.jpg
    IMAG5431-1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 362
Sorry it isn't cricket your right, pretty sure you can appreciate it all the same, :cool:, if you find it really off just let me know and I will delete ;)

sylus":3pas4pua said:
Your not gonna go very far without any wheels chap

Your not the first to mention that! :LOL: All front wheels/pairs present, tucked to one side or another.

So when i eventually sort my finances and find the fork what size fork will i need, measurements of frame are;

Centre of B/B to centre of top tube 16"
Centre of B/B to top of seat tube 19"
Headtube approx 120mm

Cheers.

mkozaczek":y152493q said:
24pouces":y152493q said:
the vast majority of 91 Attitudes got the box crown. Some late year production runs might have gotten the uniklein fork. But as far as the spec goes the box crown fork is correct for a 91 frame.

The vast majority of 91's got the Uniklein. I am aware of some 91's that were sold in Europe with the mitered fork and very few sold in the U.S. with it. So I would say that the correct spec is the Uniklein but either would work.

The headtube length is most relevant. You'll want a medium fork with the 120mm headtube. The fork will measure from the bottom of the bottom race to the top of the headtube is 120mm. You'll find one eventually, just have to wait and be willing to pay more than the others are.

I thought the switch over happened later in the year.

I have a rather late 91 Backfire Attitude (white decals with black outlines) that has a box crown fork. So, clearly a few of them left the factory with those forks late in the year and it is what was spec'd in the catalog.

Back