English cycles 'Special' - Jeremy Torr

One of my favorite bikes on the forum :p
I would go for deerhead too, matches the dropouts n all,

Yet another era I'm now hooked on, had a Raleigh MTB around 88, I want another 80s bike now, like this beauty :roll:

Go Suntour, it just looks better on older bikes. My drum brake behemoth weighs over a metric ton, its ridiculous, the rear wheel is about 6lbs on its own (assuming you can get the thing out).

Re: The Green 531 of mystery post 2012 Twizzler

A few thoughts

filing back brazing is a slow and tedious process. It's possible it was pro built, but to reduce the cost the buyer asked for unfiled brazes. Many framebuilders brazes are far from pretty "straight from the torch"

jonrock":f7msrxi9 said:

Succinct, witty and charming, what a Gent.

It does seem crazy that someone, somewhere, at some point in time built this, but that it has all been lost in the annals of time, it's not even that old relatively speaking.

It's cool that it is still being ridden as intended, and enjoyed and I guess the heritage is irrelevant, but it would still be nice to know from whence it came.

Boring as in 'oh look yet another Klien in green white and pink' or boring because my narrative is a little on the lazy side?

I think we should all have "who built this bike" bike in our lives/collections, keeps the old grey matter ticking along

Back