Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Just got into the early MF, even though i lusted after an Explorer back in 88. Bought 3 in the last month :?

1988 Explorer 19"
IMG_1805_zpsef3bc9f7.jpg

1988 Explorer 23" (all original and seen very little use, just swapped seat and tyres as using for station before deciding whether to restore the 19" or 23"). Even though im only 5'10" the larger frame is nicer to ride and i only just caress the twins when standing over the cross bar.
IMG_1806_zpsf2f7ffa3.jpg

1989 Courier 19", which i picked up last night. All original (even front tyre). Just needs a clean and service.
IMG_1804_zpsa9745988.jpg

Took her for a ride this morning:
IMG_1562_zpsd61d69ca.jpg

Nice set there, very nearly had an '88 Explorer in my collection too (if I had more room I would) as like you it was the object of lust back then. The '89 range though rides really well though (I have tried the Courier Comp and Sorcerer) and the Courier should be good fun.

Carl.

Carl, they all ride nice. Which surprised me TBH. its also suprising the subtle difference between the two sizes of the Explorer. I prefer the sit up and beg feel on the 23" than i do the slightly stretched feel of the 19". Even though the 19" is my ideal frame size at 5'11.

I can see this little collection getting a bit bigger :roll:

Another one to add to the current collection.

At home with his stablemates:

Quick outing with the dog on the Explorer now with wheel disc.

Carl

they guy I bought the smaller Explorer off, found it in his loft after striking the deal and stuck it in the box with the bike. He emailed me asking if i wanted it, massive result. Just needs a bit of a clean to get rid of the years of grime.

So what do you call early? Am I too late with this? (1997) :D

Attachments

• compressed.jpg
    compressed.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,014
My MF complete and original parts was stored over 20 years absolutely mint")

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,002
This little beauty was picked up for £12:50, The wife took a fancy to it, and hey presto a clean, some new parts from the Man-Cave and it's turned into a great urban cruiser for the missus. And before anyone comments on the saddle, Its a comfort thing and if it keeps the missus on-side with my and my growing collection then she can have what ever saddle she wants lol :D At least she selected a Muddy Fox saddle so its in keeping with the bike :D

Here are Before & after shots :cool:

Build thread here;
viewtopic.php?t=236959

Attachments

• FoxyUpdate1.jpg
    FoxyUpdate1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 972
  • Foxy.jpg
    Foxy.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 972
Back