Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ken":jlsayv43 said:
Have to admit I do like my play on the bottling phrase on the box :) - so sums me up. - the original said Distilled in #### Bottled in ####
:shock: Superb, did not notice that. You'd think you were some sort of expert at this graphics malarkey.

Looking good!
Sounding like it will be a good one. Should be there, camping, hosteling, basically whatever the majority is doing.

Jamie

Well there is a "debate" in my house over the date at the moment, I might not make it, at best it won't be more than the Saturday - school holiday weekend. I suggested the whole family comes with me but that didn't go down so well with the ladies in the house.

zigzag":3d2qneb0 said:
The Ken":3d2qneb0 said:
Have to admit I do like my play on the bottling phrase on the box :) - so sums me up. - the original said Distilled in #### Bottled in ####
:shock: Superb, did not notice that. You'd think you were some sort of expert at this graphics malarkey.

Did you notice the Double Matured Single Speyside Track?

Having a second look at this made me realise that this year is the 25th anniversary of me mountain biking. 1988 - 2013.

So what we're saying is our AEC Kaiser cant go, our graphics god DEC The Ken might not go, DEC Mikee has gone quiet and doesn't like to leave Fife meaning only ZZ and Me are definite DEC reps, that is not enough guys :roll:

Can we temporarily promote someone or someones to a Yellow Gillet such as Keithyr, Clubby or RobMac ?

Unfortunately suspect I'm a no for this too :cry: Lots programmed in this year as I try to focus on hills for a while. Will see what I can do and how date pans out as I rather like the 'gorms.

:idea: :idea: OOOOOOH - I might be able to do a long weekend cycling/hills event :D

In terms of campsites the Rothiemurchus one at Coylumbridge would be my fav. Nice privacy amongst the natural woodlands with brilliant toilet/shower block. Nice wee stream running through the pine trees - that sort of thing. In fact I think there are bridges and you can camp on the island, maybe.
The Loch Morlich/Glenmore one is more like a municipal dumping ground for campers. Nothing wrong with it - just like so many others.

Coylumbridge also handy for the Old Bridge Inn which has good grub and proper beer (although going by the pints of Tennants being swigged by some folks at Kinlochewe last year, this might not be an issue) :xmas-big-grin:

agree with you Mr P - rothiemurchus for me...and the old bridge inn...mmmmmmmmmmm.

do the walking on the sunday mate, can recommend Ben Macdui/Cairngorm loop or Bynack More. cycling on the saturday and yer sorted.

velomaniac":1wxtihwx said:
So what we're saying is our AEC Kaiser cant go, our graphics god DEC The Ken might not go, DEC Mikee has gone quiet and doesn't like to leave Fife meaning only ZZ and Me are definite DEC reps, that is not enough guys :roll:

Can we temporarily promote someone or someones to a Yellow Gillet such as Keithyr, Clubby or RobMac ?

Agree its no ideal V, I'm still a distant mibee. Remember we always pool the 'gether anyway, and in reality there isnae too much to do is there? Set the time, place, give accomodation and direction details and away ye go!

Aye but..........the only map I can read is a street plan, no great with a compass, dont have a GPS, not got a first aid badge and chances are us the group leaders will be riding the route for the first time aswell as the guests. Feels a bit too seat of the pants for comfort to me.............just sayin :roll:

However I'll be staying at Rothiemurchus campsite aswell, its the place to be :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back