i don't want to pay for thatchers funeral.

This is what I expected from a jovial retro bike forum, not what I consider to be slightly aggressive exchanges of views of a political nature. Some of the exchanges I've viewed on all matters pertaining to mrs T are a little near the Mark. (Geddit?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 114
technodup":137qogh8 said:
But let's not let facts get in the way of some Tory bashing.

From a marketing standpoint any fuss over Thatcher only serves to remind Tories how poor this shower are in comparison. If marketing is essentially the process of finding customers then this is anti marketing.

Facts - or anything else for that matter - should ever get in the way of Tory bashing. They made their bed and are getting what they deserve, by your own logic.

Anyway - you're only 35 and therefore 10 years too young to have a valid opinion about her time in office. I'm 44 and only just qualify by nature of growing up in South Yorkshire.

dbmtb":3v6oochr said:
technodup":3v6oochr said:

From a marketing standpoint any fuss over Thatcher only serves to remind Tories how poor this shower are in comparison. If marketing is essentially the process of finding customers then this is anti marketing.

Facts - or anything else for that matter - should ever get in the way of Tory bashing. They made their bed and are getting what they deserve, by your own logic.

Anyway - you're only 35 and therefore 10 years too young to have a valid opinion about her time in office. I'm 44 and only just qualify by nature of growing up in South Yorkshire.

Mmmhhhh.

Plenty of younger people have every right to an opinion. Certainly those who grew up in Thatcher's Britain.

I lived with the Peace Convoy part time during the early eighties and was all around Britain during the Miners' Strikes, etc. I then went into the NHS as it was being torn apart. I am 45 and reckon I have a well rounded view of the whole Thatcher era.

I won't be laughing tomorrow.

Whatever she did in life, she is now a sacred cow.

I may tramp the dirt down, but it is on the memory of all that went on, not on the grave of an elderly lady. Like all of us, she was born innocent and died in the same manner so many of our family die. It is not a tragedy, she was a good age and had a productive life in her eyes and those around her.

RIP Maggie.

highlandsflyer":2qszobqk said:
dbmtb":2qszobqk said:
technodup":2qszobqk said:

Mmmhhhh.

Plenty of younger people have every right to an opinion. Certainly those who grew up in Thatcher's Britain.

I lived with the Peace Convoy part time during the early eighties and was all around Britain during the Miners' Strikes, etc. I then went into the NHS as it was being torn apart. I am 45 and reckon I have a well rounded view of the whole Thatcher era.

Whatever she did in life, she is now a sacred cow.

I may tramp the dirt down, but it is on the memory of all that went on, not on the grave of an elderly lady. Like all of us, she was born innocent and died in the same manner so many of our family die. It is not a tragedy, she was a good age and had a productive life in her eyes and those around her.

RIP Maggie.

Nicely summed up....someone lock the thread now!!!!

highlandsflyer":27y1j0b7 said:
I'm just winding him up to watch him go. :twisted: I miss Marin Man sometimes.

Nor me. That would just be bad taste.

not on the grave of an elderly lady. Like all of us, she was born innocent and died in the same manner so many of our family die. It is not a tragedy, she was a good age and had a productive life in her eyes and those around her.
Yes. This. But in private please. Whoever's idea it was (and I don't really care TBH) this whole palaver was very badly thought-out.

RIP Maggie.
RIP anyone else who's dead too.

dbmtb":2gtgg083 said:
RIP anyone else who's dead too.

That goes without saying for me. There was some doubt about Maggie being allowed to rest though.

Sod Thatcher though, that public persona and political animal I certainly won't give a pass.

Back