FH-HG50 Freehub body needed !!

hi, is it just out of shape? kinda too slack in there or catching the bearing cone as you rotate the axle? I've often used a pick or such like to 'tease' it til it doesn't catch on anything, beyond that, once the cassette is back on it won't go anywhere. :cool:

marc two tone":3w4ox2xa said:
hi, is it just out of shape? kinda too slack in there or catching the bearing cone as you rotate the axle? I've often used a pick or such like to 'tease' it til it doesn't catch on anything, beyond that, once the cassette is back on it won't go anywhere. :cool:

Its chewed up, the top curved section is crushed almost like a flat washer :cry:

In my ignorance i thought it was a plastic cover and set about it with a pair of pliars and a screwdriver :oops: :oops: :facepalm:

I have a brand new freehub on the garage, suitable for lx/xt but can't remember which version or part no. I'll check after the squiddies' story time :D

widowmaker":1p2z1jyy said:
FluffyChicken":1p2z1jyy said:
If you can measure the internal diameter I'll have a look to see if I have one.

Internal diameter is 30mm, see below picture for the bit that i need.
That's the outer diameter and stays the same (inner diameter of of freehub body though)
The inner diameter of the dirt shield, I know of two size. M737 and more modern replacments used different ones as I found out. I had to swap them over.
17mm ?

I think I might just have a dust shield...
P1070679.JPG

Back