Quick Q regarding BB length for Cook Bros E crank

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Quick question, I understand chainline and BB length in regards specific cranks is relatively critical.

I have just bought some Cook Bros E cranks 175mm 110BCD.
They require a 113mm BB spindle.
I saw a UN91 BB on sale in eBay for £35 but it's 115mm - would the extra 2mm be critical and would it affect shifting?

cheers

Re: Quick Q regarding BB length

Get the 113 (or the 107 if that is the other option I cannot remember) You can pick UN55's up on CRC.

115 will be longer on the none drive side and you'll pedal funny ;)
Don't bodge it when you don't have to.

(the UN91 in 115 must have been made for the roadies)

FluffyChicken":32f3nf29 said:
Get the 113 (or the 107 if that is the other option I cannot remember) You can pick UN55's up on CRC.

115 will be longer on the none drive side and you'll pedal funny ;)
Don't bodge it when you don't have to.

(the UN91 in 115 must have been made for the roadies)

Thanks man. Minds clear now. Ill seek a 113.
Want a premium one though rather than un55.
Un55 is superb but I want a royce or phil, just being a senseless snob :)

FluffyChicken":226joxa6 said:
Don't bodge it when you don't have to
Agree with this.
FluffyChicken":226joxa6 said:
you'll pedal funny ;)
Don't agree with this - chances are you could run a 2mm difference and not notice any impact what so ever. Certainly wouldn't choose a 107 which is a 6mm difference.

I'm tempted to buy that nEw old stock UN91 68x115 for £36 with free delivery from eBay
:(
I have cook bros E Cranks...and 7 speed IG cassette on XT 135mm hubs.. Would the 2mm be noticeable ....

That was a joke ;-)

I just checked and the e crank is 110 - 115 axle length, says so in it advert in the archive...
Must mean it's designed around a longer none drive side length to most others.
Meaning 110 will give the 47.5 chainline and 115 giving the 50 chain line (alternative)
But there are many better qualified cook Bros followers, but your title does not help your search for info. Be more specific in it.

FluffyChicken":247ze5d2 said:
That was a joke ;-)

I just checked and the e crank is 110 - 115 axle length, says so in it advert in the archive...
Must mean it's designed around a longer none drive side length to most others.
Meaning 110 will give the 47.5 chainline and 115 giving the 50 chain line (alternative)
But there are many better qualified cook Bros followers, but your title does not help your search for info. Be more specific in it.

Thanks man
I've edited the heading title

Back